Help! Which Lenormand Deck should I buy??

michmm

Hi
I am totally confused as to which Lenormand deck I should buy...can someone help me with some suggestions?
I see so many different types, with quotations/rhymes, without quotations/rhymes, with hearts & clubs & diamonds & spades, with numbers, etc. etc. etc.!!!@#$(@$@@#%#%$!!!
What do I do-
Which one do I order???
which make?
where do i order from?
Frankly, i would like a deck with a book that gives me substantial directions/interpretations in ENGLISH!!
I also would not like the deck that has the rhymes in English, but another language would do, but at the same time, that deck should have substantial directions/interpretations in english Please!!!!!!!
Gosh, am i demanding!!! sorry, but i'm thoroughly confused~please help!!~~
love and hugs
mich

Moonbow

I think this is the same as with Tarot in that you should choose the deck which strikes you as the best for you personally to read with. But also don't choose one which is too complicated, at least to start off with.

When I first started to read Lenormand cards I was recommended the decks with the poem in French as the English poem was supposed to be not so good. I suspect there is something lost in the poem in English but French was no good to me so I bought the Jeu Lenormand with English poem.

but.. I found I didn't read the cards by their poem but more in a intuitive way and changed some of the meanings of the cards to suit myself. So I then started to use the Piatnik which has no poem. I much prefer the depictions on the cards and they have worked well for me. The Piatnik deck has the clouds on the opposite side to most other decks and I know this bothers some people, but not me as I read them in the way that I see them.

I have found a site (in German) which I think has the most decks illustrated on one site and may help you to choose although they may not all be available where you are.

Lenormand decks are relatively cheap, the poem can be ignored and therefore doesn't matter (at least to me) which language its in, infact I find it a benefit to not understand the words. (I also have a Flemish Jeu Lenormand).

I would say to start out with a deck that you can get your hands on easily and cheaply and then you will naturally start to have a preference.

As for the suit emblems - hearts, diamond, spades and clubs, its not necessary to use them unless you are reading the deck in a cartomancy way. Its possible to read Lenormand by the picture only. As you progress you may wish to take in the cartomancy side.

http://www.lilith-kartenlegen.de/

Also have a look at the Lenormand/Titania Weekly Draws and the related threads.

Moonbow*

tarot_princess

i would suggest you take a look at each lenormand deck available to you and decide for yourself which one YOU like. It's a question of personal choice and nothing more... what does it for me, may not do it for you!!!
i've got the Petit Lenormand and it is great! but still, it may not be the one for you!!??!!
do a search here in the decks section or go to google and check out the decks available or go to your closest tarot shop and check them all out - your answers will come to you naturally about which deck to buy!!!!!