Help with dream please- Ghosts of the Black Mirrors

graspee

OK, had a nightmare last night, which was disturbing, but very cool content when seen in the light of day.

I was trying to learn to scry with black mirrors- obsidian black mirrors. My brother and I were both trying. We had these huge obsidian mirrors, full-length like the sort you use for checking out your outfit.

After a while we both noticed flickering white out of the corners of our eyes, and with perseverance the flickering resolved itself into tiny figures, which grew larger, then stepped out of the mirrors as ghosts.

The first thing to step through was a baby elephant. It was white, ghostly, ethereal, semi-transparent; it walked around a bit before disappearing. Later, people came through. I saw 2 tarot cards with people and their names on- it was as if I had "unlocked" them in a video game and they were now available to come through the mirror.

My brother and I determined that other people could see what came through too.

There was then a semi-silly bit about the people, when they came through the mirror, caused newspapers to appear on the floor and I thought how I could exploit that by being locked in a room with a camera and a mirror and I'd cause the newspapers to appear and be hailed as a great magician.

Then there were a crowd of people around where I was, and one of them had an ipod and I said: "Be careful! It's basically a black mirror!". I then decided however that it would be cool to cause the ghosts to appear when so many people were watching.

Any thoughts? I have been trying to scry recently with a piece of haematite and I had read reports of people seeing ghostly figures when scrying, but I'm curious about the elephant. What do elephants represent in dreams?

queenxofxwands

I believe this dream was the ghosts of the past wanting an audience with you. Elephants never forget, so they say

nyx77

baby elephants

Was intrigued by your dream so as I know very little about interpreting dreams I have just looked in my trusty dream book and it says if friendly they are an omen of good luck! : ). Incidentally it does also say that ghosts simply appearing it is also another omen of good luck! Blessed be! Nyx.

graspee

Thanks very much, both of you. I thought perhaps the elephant would represent a mystical or revered creature because of how people treat them in some parts of the world but I didn't want to say what I thought until I had some replies ;)

edit: A friend sent me the following quote from a book called "Meditation and Dreamwork" by Tara Ward !

"Let your thoughts move on to an elephant. See this enormous creature standing in front of you. How does that make you feel? What does an elephant symbolize to you? Many would say strength and endurance. Elephants also possess a phenomenal memory. They are one of the few animals that actually cry tears. They honour any death of their own kind with a ritual akin to a funeral."

celticnoodle

cool dream!

btw, elephants are also symbolic of strength and power. and a white elephant is symbolic of royalty. makes your dream even more interesting, I think! :)

graspee

Thank-you, celticnoodle! I have had a lot of interesting dreams recently.

Funnily enough, the day before this dream, I dreamed a dear, dear family friend who has passed away some years ago came to visit us. It too was a frightening dream though because he was basically a walking corpse. He just sat on our sofa, wheezing gently and there was a pile of graveyard dust on the floor near him. He had walked to our house from the graveyard apparently.

So the family friend, dead but walking, and now yesterday the ghosts coming through the mirror, with an elephant being first.

Who knows what I will dream tonight! I'll be sure to post it if it's interesting.

graspee

Well my third dream was kind of vague and difficult to remember. In one part of it I had some codeine pills and a special syrup that I had to drink some of every time I had a pill. In another part of it I had to fight my brother in a sword fight. He had a fencing foil and I had a weird weapon that was a longish stick with a curved blade on the end of it.

So, this was more like my normal, random stuff happens dreams and not a worthy successor to the more spiritual dreams about communications with the other side. Oh well! At least it wasn't a nightmare either.

Queen Hippolyta

queenxofxwands said:
I believe this dream was the ghosts of the past wanting an audience with you. Elephants never forget, so they say

"Elephants never forget but what do they have to remember?" ---Benny Hill

Sorry...I had to say that joke!

You are correct in that Elephants in a dream do mean that.

The part about the black mirror....now that is an Alice through the looking glass that really spooks me. This person has a lot of relatives trying to "talk at once" as a result no one is heard.