High priestess reversed

drprakertik

If a high priestess reversed pops up between 7 of swords reversed and 6 of cups. Which of the following meanings are most suitable.

I clearly feel that 7 of swords reversed is going back to where you left the swords. The revisiting aspect. This meaning is higlighted in the 6 of cups too. Where you are nostalgic about the past.

Together its like you have to reanalyse what you left.

The card high priestess for me is analysing too. As when you put down everything that you own in front of her and she hands down scrolls, which you read and understand as to what to do, also understanding that theres more to it.
But when I see the card reversed it could mean that you didnt get the scrolls ( Meaning you could not find the information that you were looking for)

You got it but couldnot understand the scrolls that were handed down to you.

You saw too much information, ended up more confused.

But with the moon behind I could also see it as more clarity, getting more information. Some sort of revelation.

So which do you suggest? Or any other aspect that you could highlight.

Barleywine

I once had the wacky notion that the High Priestess reversed would get her robe up around her head and be willing to reveal even less of her hidden wisdom then when upright. Think of it as a lunar eclipse.

headincloud

High Preistess rx can indicate a secret enemy and I pull this meaning through because of the 7S meaning whilst the 6C seems to link it to the past.

From another angle HP can represent self repression and/or self sabotage, issues are often linked way back to mother or caretaker. One interpretation of the 7S is self sabotage which seemingly ties in as does the 6C with it's links to the past and childhood.

Ruby Jewel

If a high priestess reversed pops up between 7 of swords reversed and 6 of cups. Which of the following meanings are most suitable.

I clearly feel that 7 of swords reversed is going back to where you left the swords. The revisiting aspect. This meaning is higlighted in the 6 of cups too. Where you are nostalgic about the past.

Together its like you have to reanalyse what you left.

The card high priestess for me is analysing too. As when you put down everything that you own in front of her and she hands down scrolls, which you read and understand as to what to do, also understanding that theres more to it.
But when I see the card reversed it could mean that you didnt get the scrolls ( Meaning you could not find the information that you were looking for)

You got it but couldnot understand the scrolls that were handed down to you.

You saw too much information, ended up more confused.

But with the moon behind I could also see it as more clarity, getting more information. Some sort of revelation.

So which do you suggest? Or any other aspect that you could highlight.

I consider the book in the HP lap is the book of karma: your personal karma. The issue with karma is karmic debt or karmic path. I would consider the surrounding cards relative to the issue. Upright I would see it as being part of your natural karmic path. But, in Rx it could be talking about 'payback time' or being on the wrong karmic path. As advice she is giving, she would be advising you to be silent or still. In that respect,Rx, it would be referencing her higher vibration, the Moon, and the mental agitation it represents. So, if the Moon appeared I would go in that direction. If Judgement or Justice appeared, that is another scenario still. With Judgment, the debt is assessed as paid or unpaid. With Justice, it might be 'payback time.' So, like the actual Moon, she is reflected light....what other Major Arcana cards is she reflecting? Next to the 6 of Cups, it references your past. With the 7 of Swords Rx, you are looking at the Knight of Cups/12th house of betrayal (last decan of Aquarius)....it becomes very interesting indeed. We could even be considering an illness that is slowly stealing ones life.....such as cancer.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi drprakertik,

Are you discussing all three cards from a complete reading of three cards?

drprakertik

Hi drprakertik,

Are you discussing all three cards from a complete reading of three cards?

Hi rwcarter,
Not exactly, these three cards are from one aspect of the question.

drprakertik

High Preistess rx can indicate a secret enemy and I pull this meaning through because of the 7S meaning whilst the 6C seems to link it to the past.

From another angle HP can represent self repression and/or self sabotage, issues are often linked way back to mother or caretaker. One interpretation of the 7S is self sabotage which seemingly ties in as does the 6C with it's links to the past and childhood.

You mean 7S upright or RX?

drprakertik

I once had the wacky notion that the High Priestess reversed would get her robe up around her head and be willing to reveal even less of her hidden wisdom then when upright. Think of it as a lunar eclipse.

Thanks.

drprakertik

I consider the book in the HP lap is the book of karma: your personal karma. The issue with karma is karmic debt or karmic path. I would consider the surrounding cards relative to the issue. Upright I would see it as being part of your natural karmic path. But, in Rx it could be talking about 'payback time' or being on the wrong karmic path. As advice she is giving, she would be advising you to be silent or still. In that respect,Rx, it would be referencing her higher vibration, the Moon, and the mental agitation it represents. So, if the Moon appeared I would go in that direction. If Judgement or Justice appeared, that is another scenario still. With Judgment, the debt is assessed as paid or unpaid. With Justice, it might be 'payback time.' So, like the actual Moon, she is reflected light....what other Major Arcana cards is she reflecting? Next to the 6 of Cups, it references your past. With the 7 of Swords Rx, you are looking at the Knight of Cups/12th house of betrayal (last decan of Aquarius)....it becomes very interesting indeed. We could even be considering an illness that is slowly stealing ones life.....such as cancer.

Hey,
Thanks
No other Major cards.
I did understand the karmic debt part but couldnt really grasp as to how should i intrepret this besides secret illness.