I-Ching and Tarot combination question :)

Annia

A few days ago, I pulled a few cards considering my life and relationship which made me really scared.
(I had posted a thread about it, it was the Tower, 10 of Swords and in a different spread the 3 of Swords)
I was scared it could mean a seperation from each other.

The situation is now, that we're planning on building a house (quite a few miles away from where I live now). So those cards could also be related as in giving up your home, stability, people you love there.

To get some clarity, I played I-Ching and got 56 (The Wanderer)
My question was what those cards would mean, what's the next step the relationship would go to.

I'm still no whiser though.
Does this mean that the cards mean indeed moving from one place to another (hence the Tower breaking, 10 of swords etc), or could it mean I'm moving away from him?

How do you relate this?

Blueangel

Hello Annia,

I would say ask a very specific question and your answer would be related to that only.

so instead of saying: I pulled a few cards considering my life and relationship

Ask a question only on your relationship to him and that is it. Plus do a spread so you know what position the cards are talking about for ex.

situation of your relationship:

Advise from the card.

outcome of your relationship

This way you are more likely to understand what the cards are talking about.

hope this helped.

Blueangel

Annia

Hi Blueangel :)
Thank you for your advise :heart:
I did want to stop laying Tarot Cards as at this moment, I feel too *hunted* by the bad cards I pulled and I really want to take a break (which is why I tried I-Ging, it is far gentler, and so far, I've only made good experiences with it :) )
I really like I-Ging, but haven't found any people who know how to read it and it's difficult to start learning all by yourself.

But coming back on your suggestion:
If I take it literally, the outcome will be "2, the High Priestress", because that was the outcome the the Celtic Cross I laid specifically about my relationship (The one where the 3 swords were the near future)

I am too scared to ask anymore questions about my relationship and will really not lay any cards anymore until I have overcome that fear.

However, I did one last spread where I asked what the Tower stands for ;)
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=103919

squeakmo9

Annia said:
My question was what those cards would mean, what's the next step the relationship would go to.

Translated by Thomas Cleary:
56 Travel(The Wanderer)
Judgement-
Travel is successful when minimal. Flexibility is balanced outwardly and harmonizes with strength, remaining calm and cleaving to understanding. This is why it is successful when minimal, and it bodes well to be steadfast when traveling. The meaning of travel is very important!

You will need to trust that things in your life are moving and changing for the best.
Image-
There is fire on top of a mountain symbolizing travel. Cultured people apply punishment prudently with understanding, and do not keep people imprisoned.

This talks about the temporary, and as I understand it, whatever difficultites you experience(if any) will pass, BUT, you will have to do your part in calming yourself down and accepting matters as they stand. If you become anxious or doubtful...you could be putting yourself in a self-imposed prison which isn't necessary and should not be a permenent condition.

Annia said:
A few days ago, I pulled a few cards considering my life and relationship which made me really scared.
(I had posted a thread about it, it was the Tower, 10 of Swords and in a different spread the 3 of Swords)
I was scared it could mean a seperation from each other.
The situation is now, that we're planning on building a house (quite a few miles away from where I live now). So those cards could also be related as in giving up your home, stability, people you love there.
Even if the changes are preferrable, the above tarot cards looked upset by the changes. The Tower could be a shock of some sort, or being disturbed by how fast things are developing. But the 10 of swords(a great card in my opinion)is about things getting better for you as a person. If there is truly no heartache or problems(3 of swords)in your life, then it is coming from yourself. The Wanderer speaks of punishment, and if everything seems ok in your outside world, be careful of self-sabotage.

Annia

Hi squeakmo9 :)
Thank you for your reply :x

You will need to trust that things in your life are moving and changing for the best
I'll do my best :D

BUT, you will have to do your part in calming yourself down and accepting matters as they stand. If you become anxious or doubtful...you could be putting yourself in a self-imposed prison which isn't necessary and should not be a permenent condition.

Very good advise indeed :)
At this moment, I do put myself in a prison with all my thoughts about what negative things could happen :)

or being disturbed by how fast things are developing.
That was exactly what I went through 2 days ago. I thought that my world was shaking and bursting into parts, so fast everything was moving suddenly :)

But the 10 of swords(a great card in my opinion)is about things getting better for you as a person. If there is truly no heartache or problems(3 of swords)in your life, then it is coming from yourself. The Wanderer speaks of punishment, and if everything seems ok in your outside world, be careful of self-sabotage.
You know, I believe you're absolutly right :)
I am thinking too much about everything and often see problems where there should be solutions.

Thank you so much for your help :heart:

willowfox

Hex 56 says that you are currently going through some changes in your life, and are therefore unsure what to expect next but this is in actual fact a time to go places that you have never been before with your life, it is a time of expansion and you will meet some good people in your journey who will help you through this uncertain time. It will will turn out very successful for you.

Annia

thank you very much for that answer Willowfox :)