I don't feel the effects

SweetSiren

I've been carrying with me black tourmaline, smokey Quartz, carnelian, and a mysterious blue stone to work for the last sixth months. Yesterday I felt particularly grounded for just a few moments, to the point that I actually understood what the word meant. The thing is, it took that moment for me to see that I've been carrying these for sixth months, and I haven't noticed any changes at all. I sage them regularly, so cleansing isn't an issue. I just feel so let down by this belief system, and I've been trying to think of ways to feel grounded like that more often.

This post doesn't really have a strong point, just thought I'd share.

CrystalSeas

For me, feeling grounded is something I have to consciously work on every day.

I find it easier to do when I've got a quiet moment to sit and consciously make the connection.

When I first started, it would take several minutes to quiet my mind, get my body in alignment, and mentally find the internal space where I could connect.

The more I practice (and we're talking years) the easier and faster it is to slip into that space even with a lot of distractions. Even if I'm standing in an office with lots of other people around.

I only use a single touchstone as my trigger. Perhaps others can help you find the stone that is most powerful for you. And perhaps you can discern that for yourself by sitting quietly each morning and, with your eyes closed, touching each stone, one by one, to see which one is sending you more energy for that day.

You may find that different days need different energy, and the you will want to be in touch with a different stone each day.

Onaorkal

From what I understand, stones and crystals don't work 'equally' for everybody. I know some people that FEEL the energy much more than me.

One of my friend gets hot really quickly if she goes in a crystal store. And my girlfriend experienced dizziness and nausea when we went to a mineral show 2 weeks ago. I think for them crystals might 'work' more easily than for me.

I love stones in general but I don't feel anything! Still I like lithotherapy and since it never did anything negative, I'm telling myself : why not?

But even for people feeling the energy more than me, I think stones are there to help in some tasks, not do the job for us. For example, I don't think somebody that never learned how to ground themselves will suddenly feel grounded simply by carrying some stones. I think it can simply make it easier. Same for concentration, anxiety, etc.

Beancrew49

I think the thing many people don't realize about crystals is that using them is not like taking a pill. You may read about all the benefits of a certain crystal, decide it's the one for you, keep it on you all the time, and cleanse it regularly but that does not mean you are going to feel its effects.

These stones are a consciousness, and they are here to help us, but it is you who is doing the magic. Crystals can help you to raise your frequency in a certain way, but they require you to work with them, and connect with them, before you can assimilate their energy.

Think of crystals less like a prescription you pick up at the pharmacy and more like a wise friend who will stick with you through the years. While the prescription may have instant results, it is the wise friend who will guide you through the years and have the much bigger impact. Like with any friend, there will be a period of getting to know each other, of sussing each other out before you have the courage to be yourself completely. This is very much a mutual thing, but when you are both ready, the results will be tangible.

Everyone can feel crystal energy, but for most of us it first takes a lot of work. Eating healthy (cutting out meat, dairy, and processed foods) is one of the biggest things you can do. Stop drinking and using products with sodium fluoride. Meditate, as much as you can. If you meditate regularly and then incorporate crystals into your meditation, you will definitely feel their energy over time. I like to place them on my third eye during meditation and this is when I feel their energy the strongest.

It's easy to read a description of a crystal and be enthusiastic about owning it, but in order to foster a mutually beneficial relationship with crystals you have to realize its more of a friendship than anything else. I hope this helps in some way.

Michellehihi

I've been carrying with me black tourmaline, smokey Quartz, carnelian, and a mysterious blue stone to work for the last sixth months. Yesterday I felt particularly grounded for just a few moments, to the point that I actually understood what the word meant. The thing is, it took that moment for me to see that I've been carrying these for sixth months, and I haven't noticed any changes at all. I sage them regularly, so cleansing isn't an issue. I just feel so let down by this belief system, and I've been trying to think of ways to feel grounded like that more often.

This post doesn't really have a strong point, just thought I'd share.

I understand you and I personally I never felt anything from crystals or stones. They are part of the non-living, as opposed to the plants and animals who are living. I have many stones and crystals in my house, because I admire them, but to ground myself, I use my breath.

SweetSiren

I think the thing many people don't realize about crystals is that using them is not like taking a pill. You may read about all the benefits of a certain crystal, decide it's the one for you, keep it on you all the time, and cleanse it regularly but that does not mean you are going to feel its effects.

These stones are a consciousness, and they are here to help us, but it is you who is doing the magic. Crystals can help you to raise your frequency in a certain way, but they require you to work with them, and connect with them, before you can assimilate their energy.

Think of crystals less like a prescription you pick up at the pharmacy and more like a wise friend who will stick with you through the years. While the prescription may have instant results, it is the wise friend who will guide you through the years and have the much bigger impact. Like with any friend, there will be a period of getting to know each other, of sussing each other out before you have the courage to be yourself completely. This is very much a mutual thing, but when you are both ready, the results will be tangible.

Everyone can feel crystal energy, but for most of us it first takes a lot of work. Eating healthy (cutting out meat, dairy, and processed foods) is one of the biggest things you can do. Stop drinking and using products with sodium fluoride. Meditate, as much as you can. If you meditate regularly and then incorporate crystals into your meditation, you will definitely feel their energy over time. I like to place them on my third eye during meditation and this is when I feel their energy the strongest.

It's easy to read a description of a crystal and be enthusiastic about owning it, but in order to foster a mutually beneficial relationship with crystals you have to realize its more of a friendship than anything else. I hope this helps in some way.

This is something I am adjusting my lifestyle to- being more aware of what we can sense. I've been eating healthier and being mindful of each flavor. Doing this for the first time in a while, I've realized there's a lot about food I've never noticed!

I'm a fast-paced person that works a fast-paced job, so going slow and taking the time to be aware is a very new world for me. There is an energy to everything, that cannot be refuted. And I do believe that we can sense this if we take the time to be aware of it. Whether or not these different energies found in crystals can be used for psychological changes is obviously up for debate. I am fascinated by the idea and thank you for the reply.

SweetSiren

I understand you and I personally I never felt anything from crystals or stones. They are part of the non-living, as opposed to the plants and animals who are living. I have many stones and crystals in my house, because I admire them, but to ground myself, I use my breath.

Yes, I think the act of using a stone for grounding can be useful, as we can find comfort in ritual, but I'm not so sure the stone itself causes this. I have quite a few friends who believe otherwise, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Beancrew49

Yes, I think the act of using a stone for grounding can be useful, as we can find comfort in ritual, but I'm not so sure the stone itself causes this. I have quite a few friends who believe otherwise, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

It's not that the stone causes you to be grounded. The energy of the stone vibrates with the frequency of grounding. Being in the presence of this particular frequency causes your frequency to match this higher vibration, which for that particular crystal is grounding. If you are resonating at a frequency closer to grounding, then it is easier to become grounded. The crystal is not causing you to be grounded, you are, with your own intention. The crystal is just making it easier for you to set and hold your intention to achieve that particular frequency.