I need help understanding a couple of things regarding PL-Spreads...

StellarMyst

Need Help: 3 of Wands (Gilded Tarot) as Death in a Past Life?

Hi everyone,

I am having difficulties with a few aspects of Past Life Spreads (please bear with me). Here goes:

1) If one has had a regression into one or more of their Past Lives, and the spread does not fit the life regressed to, how do you know the accuracy of the spread? -- This is more of a miscellaneous question since this spread was tried but still any thoughts on it would be great.

2) Is there a post somewhere that explains the way one died in a past life is represented with the any/all the cards?
(I thought of Thirteen's Tarot analysis and I'm still lost on this spread turn out of mine...but that's just me.. This might be a good one for Thirteen to tackle with that stellar insight...just a thought..)

3) I used the "Present Life Explained by Past Life Spread" Originally posted by SongDeva with the Gilded Tarot deck (my only deck at present) and this is how it turned out: (Spread copied down first to save issues w/ tabs and such...)

xx1xxxxxxx8x
xxxxxx5xxxxx
xx2xxxxxxx9x
xxxxxx6xxxxxx
xx3xxxxxxx10x
xxxxxx7xxxxxx
xx4xxxxxxx11x

Present Life
1 - Situation/issue in Question -OR Present Life Purpose
2 - Challenge/Obstacles in present life
3 - Talent/gift in present life
4 - Present life outcome/situational outcome -

Past Life (in relation to present life)
8 - Related Situation/issue in Past life -OR Past Life Purpose
9 - Related Challenge/Obstacles in past life
10 - Related Talent/gift in past life
11 - Past life outcome/outcome of related situation in past life

Interim
5 - Death in Past life: Circumstances surrounding the end of the first life
6- Life in between lives
7 - Intention for current life (devised during in-between life, prior to incarnating into present life)

1 - Queen of Pents
2 - 3 of Pents (RX)
3 - 5 of Pents (RX)
4 - Wheel of Fortune

5 - 3 of Wands
6 - 5 of Wands (RX)
7 - 8 of Swords

8 - Temperance
9 - Knight of Wands
10 - The Chariot
11 - 6 of Cups (RX)

The three cards that stood out because they are a few of the most often flipped in my daily Spreads, were in positions 5, 7, & 9:

The fact that these particular cards came up as usual was reassuring that I might have done something right [this was my first try with any past life spread, and I've been researching the spread result(s) constantly...Tourists in Florida don't get this lost...believe me! lol]

The 3 of Wands showing up in position 5 is what threw me first.

The 8 of Swords in position 7...not sure how to take this one, but heck it seems to fit in somehow...

The Knight of wands in position 9...no surprises here....lol..I fit this one pretty well!

Can someone please explain this to me? I've tried everything I know to do to figure this out, and it just persists to boggle the mind...!

Any thoughts will be fine.

Yours,

StellarMyst

jmd

Geez - a lot packed into a post, some of which sounds like a specific reading, other stuff sounds like more general questions about Past Life readings in general, with the specific spread laid out to illustrate the problems faced in interpretation.

I'll attempt to address the opening questions only.

"1) If one has had a regression into one or more of their Past Lives, and the spread does not fit the life regressed to, how do you know the accuracy of the spread?"

A number of issues arise. One of these is that, presumably, there is more than one past life to which the reading may be in reference to. Why assume that an experienced regression is to the same life?

The other aspect to this is that, in my personal view, many 'past life regressions' are not in fact past life regressions, so the converse question could be asked: how do you know the accuracy of the regression?

With regards to "2) Is there a post somewhere that explains the way one died in a past life is represented with the any/all the cards?", I am honestly not sure at all about the existence of such a post by another member.

If that is the specific issue you are interested in reading about, why not create a specific spread and specific question that addresses this directly. For example, the question may be something like "Of my immediately previous incarnation, in what manner did I die and what are the circumstances or issues surrounding this death?".

The spread could be something like the following:
Code:
[center]
_______
|       |
|  6    |
| [color=chartreuse]Karma[/color] |
|       |
|_______|

_______       _______       _______ 
|       |     |       |     |       |
|  3    |     |  4    |     |  5    |
|[color=chartreuse]Effect[/color] |     | [color=chartreuse]Death[/color] |     |[color=chartreuse]Insight[/color]|
|       |     |       |     |       |
|_______|     |_______|     |_______|

_______
|       |
|  2    |
[color=chartreuse]Reaction[/color]|
|       |
|_______|

_______
|       |
|  1    |
| [color=chartreuse]Cause[/color] |
|       |
|_______|
[/center]
To give a little more details on these single words, something of the following is what I have in mind:
Card 6: impulses I took with me that will need post-death resolutions (whether in time between incarnations, or in future lives);

Cards 3 | 4 | 5: social consequences of my death | manner of actual death | ways I was perceived and understood at the time;

Card 2: my own personal reactions at or near that time;

Card 1: underlying causes and influences of death.​

Your third question, viz "3) I used the "Present Life Explained by Past Life Spread" [...]" shows that the spread is primarily geared (if I understand the intent by its title) not in terms of what is a focus on the past life (as regressions usually are), but rather the seeds of the past taking root and germinating in this current life.

As such, it may be that what at the time may have been considered quite peripheral takes on entirely new shades and importance in this life, in the same manner that small events or engagements in this very life may take on new proportions of importance as we age, or as circumstances change.

Not sure how much this helps at all...

Sheri

Moderator Note -

The original post of this thread contains a reading that the poster did using this spread for the purpose of asking for help in interpreting the reading. This reading is also posted in the Your Readings Forum and can be found here. Please direct all assistance with the reading aspect of this post to that location.

Posts to this thread should be limited to those allowed by the Spread Forum Rules. Commentary on the spread, including but not limited to enhancements, comments on its use, or questions, is allowed as well as posts that answer the question posed in the thread title "I need help understanding a couple of things regarding PL-Spreads..." such as JMD's post here demonstrates.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have regarding the actions taken with respect to this thread!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

valeria, moderator Tarot Spreads Forum

StellarMyst

Thanks to both of you!

Hi jmd,

Thank you for helping me by giving a secondary spread for further clarity. :) I think this will help a lot! :D I hope to be able to discuss this further with you if it's alright?

VALERIA: Thank you as well. I am aware of the post being moved, and I was not sure where to reply to this helpful reply I got concerning my little issue. :)

Yours,

StellarMyst