I Saw Dead People

Venusian

Hi guys!

Last night I had a dream in which a male ancestor of mine appeared in the dream and began "cleaning" me with huge Amazon tree leaves. As he was sweeping the leaves up and down my body I felt chills, like I felt the heaviness coming off of me. I cannot recall what ancestor it was that came to me in my dream, but I kept having a feeling throughout the day that it was my maternal great-grandfather. But I cannot be sure.

After he finished cleaning me I recall stepping onto a step or a table to look onto a large alter that was apparently very tall, and when I was able to position myself to see what was resting on the alter there was a particular artifact on there (in the left bottom corner) that especially caught my attention.

It was a small bowl sized artifact, perhaps white porcelain, that had unfamiliar markings on it. I was especially captivated by it in part because I was trying to decipher the meanings of the markings. The number "9" followed by the backslash symbol "/" was one of the markings that comes to me, but I cannot recall the other markings.

Later on in the dream another individual whom passed about a year ago (someone who I was not close to, Mark Stewart) appeared and was talking. I have no idea what his purpose was or if there was a message, but I found it interesting that dead people kept popping up in my subconscious.

Does anyone get any impressions about this dream?

I would really appreciate the feedback.

-Sol

Venusian

Anyone???

celticnoodle

well, could it be that your ancestor was preparing you for opening up and making contact with spirits? it may also be that your great grandfather is also a guide for you too. perhaps he will help you to make contact with people you knew who are now in spirit. just a thought.

the "cleaning" you mentioned in the dream sounds like some sort of initiation. I'm not positive on any of this--but just some thoughts on it. hope it helps. :)

Milfoil

It sounds like you could have received a healing from one of your ancestors. The sweeping of the body and aura with leaves or herbs is part of the Mexican Curanderismo healing system and is found in a lot of other healing traditions too. It is a method of cleansing.

A bowl suggests being receptive, happiness and the 9 is a culmination of something in your life before the 0 which allows the cycle to start again. Did the ancestor who had swept your body with the leaves give you anything?

http://www.carmenlomasgarza.com/www/clgimages/wc-curandera.jpg
http://image57.webshots.com/157/5/18/19/464351819mxAyNG_fs.jpg

Often when we recognise ancestors who have passed over, in our dreams, it indicates that there is something which this person represents which means something to us now or perhaps something we should be taking notice of within our own lives. Sometimes we can be visited by our loved ones who have passed and they have specific messages for us.

Venusian

Thank you very much guys for the responses.

Milfol, in response to your question, I don't recall him giving me anything. I just remember those strange markings that I couldn't interpret, but they seemed to be English letters and or numbers...I don't know.

Very strange dream. Especially for me because I don't have these kind of reams that include my ancestors. I hoping the 9 = the end of a cycle is the case as I am certainly ready to move on! lol

Thanks again!!

Venusian

Milfoil said:
It sounds like you could have received a healing from one of your ancestors. The sweeping of the body and aura with leaves or herbs is part of the Mexican Curanderismo healing system and is found in a lot of other healing traditions too. It is a method of cleansing.

http://www.carmenlomasgarza.com/www/clgimages/wc-curandera.jpg
http://image57.webshots.com/157/5/18/19/464351819mxAyNG_fs.jpg

Oh BTW the pic that you attached, that's exactly what he was doing in the dream! With that huge tree branch/leaf. Thanks again!

photokat

This is interesting - it sounds like a mix between a past life memory and an OOB experience (what you have experienced is something that is described in detail in "Journey of Souls" by Newton - the cleansing of the Soul as it re-enters the spirit world).

It would be worth looking into - some people actually astral travel while in a dream-like state and it could be a great source of insight.

starseer said:
Hi guys!

Last night I had a dream in which a male ancestor of mine appeared in the dream and began "cleaning" me with huge Amazon tree leaves. As he was sweeping the leaves up and down my body I felt chills, like I felt the heaviness coming off of me. I cannot recall what ancestor it was that came to me in my dream, but I kept having a feeling throughout the day that it was my maternal great-grandfather. But I cannot be sure.

After he finished cleaning me I recall stepping onto a step or a table to look onto a large alter that was apparently very tall, and when I was able to position myself to see what was resting on the alter there was a particular artifact on there (in the left bottom corner) that especially caught my attention.

It was a small bowl sized artifact, perhaps white porcelain, that had unfamiliar markings on it. I was especially captivated by it in part because I was trying to decipher the meanings of the markings. The number "9" followed by the backslash symbol "/" was one of the markings that comes to me, but I cannot recall the other markings.

Later on in the dream another individual whom passed about a year ago (someone who I was not close to, Mark Stewart) appeared and was talking. I have no idea what his purpose was or if there was a message, but I found it interesting that dead people kept popping up in my subconscious.

Does anyone get any impressions about this dream?

I would really appreciate the feedback.

-Sol

celticnoodle

photokat said:
This is interesting - it sounds like a mix between a past life memory and an OOB experience (what you have experienced is something that is described in detail in "Journey of Souls" by Newton - the cleansing of the Soul as it re-enters the spirit world).

It would be worth looking into - some people actually astral travel while in a dream-like state and it could be a great source of insight.
ooh, i have this book, but have yet to open it and read it.

i've recently found it online where you can download it right onto your computer to read. so, starseer if you are interested in that, google the title and you'll find it.

Venusian

Thank you so much!