I think I found me an every-day reading deck ...

Little Baron

Over the past year, I have had a lot of trouble looking for a deck that I think would work for me on a daily basis.

I had had enough of the Rider Waite images for now, after years and years of looking at them.

I knew that the Marseille would take far more work than I was prepared to give at this stage in my life.

The Victorian Romantic is a great deck, and even though I got a great read from it recently, as an everyday deck, I don't think there is enough within its walls to keep me satisfied.

But I am very much enjoying the playing card studies that I am doing. Very much. They are often uncannily correct. I recently started a thread about how these little gems might replace tarot indefinitely. I would love to have a simple playing card deck in my back pocket that I can read at the drop of a hat, whenever and wherever.

Recently, I have been studying the Voodoo as many of you know. Now, I love this deck. It has something in it that calls my name. But for now, I am not sure whether it will be a main reading deck. As much as Lyric and I are working hard on getting to know it and hoping that one day it will be, for now, I just need some kind of tarot deck that I can give a good read on. And yesterday, I think I found it.

For some reason, a book fell off of my shelf. The book has been there as long as I have been at AT, I think and it has been plucked out a few times in those four or so years. I flicked through and it inspired me to look at it's accompanying cards that little bit closer so I went and fetched the deck.

Looking through them, they seemed so different to how they did when I bought them some four or five years ago. With all of my other studies within tarot, I could see stuff in them that I hadn't noticed before. Cards I don't even remember. It is the Cosmic Tribe.

As an update to my other thread, I don't think I could just give up tarot. But I am at a place where is quite nice. I am learning the playing cards and drawing with them daily for direct answers, in most cases. I am going deeper into the course by Deborah Leigh and Elizabeth Rose. I have the Voodoo Lwa to get to know slowly. But for a little introspection, I have now founded something that bridges the gap between the two. And there was a gap.

So thankyou all for your patience and ideas. I think that what I have learnt is that even though I couldn't read with a different dec each day, I do not need to limit myself to one deck or one specific process of reading. I just needed a few different ways - different ways for different needs. I feel more complete now. And the bright Cosmic Tribe seems to balance out the sparce playing cards and dark Voodoo deck quite nicely. I don't love every single card, but I had forgotten just how beautiful some of Stevee Postman's keys in the tarot actually were.

LB

Miren

Cosmic Tribe is a pretty score deck. I'm glad you've found something that works for you. :)

Fulgour

Kevyn Aucoin (1962-2002)

Perhaps someday there will be a deck insightfully based upon
the splendid creations of Kevyn Aucoin * All about Make-up

Papageno

Fulgour said:
Perhaps someday there will be a deck insightfully based upon
the splendid creations of Kevyn Aucoin * All about Make-up

but it would end up being a composite of faces, models and famous women. not in public domain. so the whole point of the theme would be lost. but I understand your intent. besides, only the Italians could do it right.

Grizabella

I'm glad you've found an everyday deck, LB. I know you've been searching for quite awhile. My daughter used to have the Cosmic Tribe and it's quite a deck, I must say. :)

seaweed

LittleBuddha,

Have you checked out http://www.luckymojo.com/ yet? It's more Hoodoo than Voodoo, but it's supposed to be a good resource. (I don't know much about Voodoo aside from it's the religon whereas Hoodoo's the magical practice) but if it's in any way useful for you, well, that's a good thing.