Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

tarot4fun

(((((((Promise)))))))

:heart:

Promise

Thanks, everyone.

I'm still not feeling well, but I'm trying to get on with things. Saw my doctor this morning, who proceeded to tell me how I should be feeling and what level my pain should be at at this point. I looked him right in the face and asked him what the hell he would know about the pain resulting from a hysterectomy.

Heh, obviously, my attitude is a bit...poor...today.

But I'm really trying to get some sense of normalcy back, even if it's just a tiny bit. It's hard, but I can manage.

sapienza

Promise, I'm so sorry to hear of your news. I hope you are doing ok, it must be so much to take in. You sound like you are being so brave. I hope you have people around you to lean on during this time. Take care, you are in my thoughts.

sapienza

I'm still enjoying working with the Alchemical. I've decided that I'd like to post in the Study group on ALL the cards before this IDS ends. Unfortunately the study groups initial enthusiasm has all but died out and I'm certainly getting used to the 'sound of silence' as Rodney put it. Lot's of people look but no one joins me. Lucky I'm used to talking to myself :laugh:

I thought by setting myself the goal of posting on all my cards it would make the rest of the IDS fly by. Although to be honest I'm not in any huge hurry to look at any other decks. I did kind of cheat the other day though, although I find looking at other decks really doesn't detract at all from my committment to the Alchemical. I looked through the Halloween with my daughter the other day and we did some 'reading' together with it. It was strange looking at the RWS symbolism again and I don't think I miss it much at all.

I also had a quick look through the MerryDay, which was a deck I hadn't used much at all before starting the IDS. I was amazed at how different it seemed to me now that I've used the Alchemical exclusively all this time. What was interesting was that I used to use the RWS as my point of reference when looking at new decks and this was the first time I used the Alchemical, ie. I compared each card to the symbolism of the Alchemical rather than the RWS to see if the deck fitted in with my tarot world view. Not sure if that will make any sense or not.

PeterS said:
I think that this exercise is not just about learning a single deck but taking a break from the others and I will establish a higher standard for what I like in decks than before.

I agree with you on this Peter. I think when you slow down enough to absorb the finer details of a deck you may be less inclined in the future to be so quick to just buy a deck, flick though it and put it away....well, I hope so anyway :)

Anyway, still loving my deck. Hope everyone else is too.

Faolainn Storm

(((((((((((((((((Promise)))))))))))))))))))))) You're in my thoughts and prayers at this tough time in your life. Love and Hugs.

Rodney, I posted a list of ideas I'm using as my journal framework (originally I had tried to do them as a worksheet but I kept running out of space to write out my thoughts.) I'm not sure if that's the list you were thinking of but it's here if your interested.

FS

WolfSpirit

Well, after a lot of hesitating I have now started to trim my Steele Wizard.
I have a back-up copy that I can use for readings and study, while this trimming project is underway.
It is not the easiest deck to trim and I have just done a few cards, but I am already very happy with the size and also with much less black around the images, which makes the colours come more alive.
Also, it is a different kind of bonding with the deck :) I hope this will solve the problem of the deck being so hard to handle. I do like large cards - for decks that I have for the artwork. But it seems as if the size of the cards also creates a distance. I seem to be able to get closer to a deck if I can handle it better. And it feels great to liberate the images :D

rwcarter

Faolainn Storm said:
Rodney, I posted a list of ideas I'm using as my journal framework (originally I had tried to do them as a worksheet but I kept running out of space to write out my thoughts.) I'm not sure if that's the list you were thinking of but it's here if your interested.
I'm not sure if that's what I was thinking about, but it's a good starting place nonetheless. Thanks for pointing it back out to me.

Rodney

afrosaxon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY rwcarter!

Happy Birthday, Rodney!

(((Rodney)))

T.

rwcarter

afrosaxon said:
Happy Birthday, Rodney!

(((Rodney)))

T.
(blushing) Aw shucks. Thanks! (blushing)

Rodney