Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Star-Willow

Hello everyone, I've been absent again for a while but still working with my Thoth... we had a small parting of the ways ie, Me not picking it up or doing anything Tarot related for a week..... I needed the break, it was beginning to feel like a chore :( and that is NOT how this should be....

So I spent a week doing stuff around my home.... mostly outside, where I live the weather during the day is just absolutely gorgeous at the moment & definately outside weather :) so my gardens are looking good & my vege seedlings are growing well, silly as it sounds but I could sit and look at them for ages, they make me think about growth & cycles & all manner of stuff :) Yea I know, I'm a nutter :D

Anyhoo, I'm back on board & have picked my deck up again :) I found a spread/exercise that I can do daily which has been of benefit..... it goes like this....

First divide your deck into Majors, Courts & Minors.... shuffle & draw from each one in turn..... the Major drawn represents a lesson or situation for the day, the goal being to deepen the understanding of each Major by relating one to your daily life...... the Court drawn represents you or someone you will come in contact with that day, learning something about them or yourself, the goal is to better learn how to directly asssociate the Court cards with people & personalities.... and lastly the Minor drawn represents an obstacle or advice for the day, the goal is to learn how the Minors can be assocaited to everyday and/or mundane circumstances......

I have found it to be a good learning tool & enjoy it......

(((Promise))) my thoughts are with you, this must be an awful time for You.

Hugs to you all from the crazy *Tree-Hugger* :D

Grizabella

sravana said:
Just an aside, you don't want to be on a combination like that for a long time, because it can really mess up your liver. People think that just because something is OTC that it's safe, but any drug can cause injury when used at a too-high dosage, or for too long.

Sravana, bit of a medical wonk

No, it's not something you'd want to stay on for a very long time because it's hard on your liver, as you say, but I wouldn't expect her to need something long term for recovery from a hysterectomy. :)

tarot4fun

Star-Willow said:
First divide your deck into Majors, Courts & Minors.... shuffle & draw from each one in turn..... the Major drawn represents a lesson or situation for the day, the goal being to deepen the understanding of each Major by relating one to your daily life...... the Court drawn represents you or someone you will come in contact with that day, learning something about them or yourself, the goal is to better learn how to directly asssociate the Court cards with people & personalities.... and lastly the Minor drawn represents an obstacle or advice for the day, the goal is to learn how the Minors can be assocaited to everyday and/or mundane circumstances......

I have found it to be a good learning tool & enjoy it......
Thanks Star-Willow~ This looks like a good exercise~ I'm going to give it a whirl right now~ :D

:heart:

Disa

Yep, thanks, this one looks great! I'm going to try it now but focusing on tomorrow. I don't think I'll have time to do it in the morning.

SolSionnach

Grizabella said:
No, it's not something you'd want to stay on for a very long time because it's hard on your liver, as you say, but I wouldn't expect her to need something long term for recovery from a hysterectomy. :)

Indeed, it's more of a problem with arthritis or some such.

To get back on topic, I had a falling out with the Universal Fantasy, and ended up pulling Maat out once again, and I'm going to do a month with that deck instead. I got some *very* interesting readings with it today. :)

Emily

I've been using the Liber T exclusively for 8 months now so I'm trying a little experiment - I've gone on holiday for a week and I haven't bought the Liber T with me, I have the Pocket Universal Waite. I want to see if I can read the RWS intuitively the same way as I can the Liber T. I like the colouring of the Universal pocket Waite and it's very portable with its small size and thick box.

I've used the Universal Waite for a couple of days now and so far it seems OK but I'm missing the Liber T like crazy and wish I'd have bought the deck with me. I'm comfortable now knowing that I can read other decks but I know that I need something more intriguing than just a straight deck like the RWS - I'll still do my dailies with the RWS and it is making a change but I want to carry on with my IDS with the Liber T. :)

rwcarter

A little over 3 weeks to go until June 19th and the official end of my IDS. Many of my pledges have gone by the wayside, but I've still managed to accomplish a lot with the AET. Part of me is really looking forward to the end of the IDS so I can move on to something else. But part of me knows there's still a lot more to learn about this deck. (I'm currently looking at the astrological associations of the cards in the hope that it will provide me with additional insight about all the cards, but especially about those that don't seem to speak to me.) And I know myself well enough to know that if I do move onto something else, I'm never going to finish with this deck. So I'm probably going to continue my IDS past 19 June, although I'm probably going to drop the IDS label as it were.

Rodney

WolfSpirit

I have finished trimming my Steele Wizard deck, I am very happy with it :) It is so much easier to work with now.
It has too much space in its box now, so I started crocheting a bag for it. So I am continuing to bond with the deck.
I have also continued to use the deck for readings and it is speaking on a very personal level now. I should probably journal more as it is valuable information.

I will keep using and learning this deck after IDS, but I am looking forward to sharing my attention with other decks, they are calling to me :D

Alamaris

I'm still trundling along with my IDS, although I suppose I've broken a rule by switching the deck itself, if not the strict theme. I was working with a Universal Waite, but upon finding a 1971 copy of the Original Rider, perfectly broken in and cheap as can be, I knew I had to go for the original. Weirdly enough I had a couple days where I was pining for a Marseilles, of all things, even though that deck is practically my nemesis. (Certainly not for lack of trying, but it baffles me all the same.)

I've also got some great, albeit bittersweet news. My mental disorder, which was causing me immense trouble even simply reading a novel most days, seems to have lifted in certain areas. What this means is that I'm back on track for my homeschooling, whipping along at spectacular speeds and kicking collective arse! Not only that, I've been breezing through what I previously judged as impossibly dense literature, and although I'm still having a lot of trouble verbally, my language skills while writing have abruptly and vastly improved.

The downside is that I've had no time for tarot whatsoever. :( But I'm consoling myself with scholarly victory. My parents are so pleased with the sudden alleviation of difficulty that they're keeping my morale up by offering to pay for one tattoo for every course I complete -- full sleeves, here I come!

At any rate, I'll have some much-earned down time this week, so I hope to get a few spreads laid out and play with the cards a little. :D

WolfSpirit

Hey Alamaris that is great news :D

I understand you miss tarot, but tarot is patient, school is not. You know you are doing the right thing :) you can study tarot later at a more convenient time.