Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Emily

I'm back from my holiday - my little experiment with the Pocket Universal Waite went well but I should have taken the Liber T with me.

I've found my reading style has changed, I tried to read the Universal Waite intuitively but it was hard going, there didn't seem much to work with. It seemed insipid and boring. I missed the busyness of the Liber T, the artwork, the colours - I just 'missed' the whole deck.

It did show me that I'm not finished with the Liber T yet so I intend to carry on with this study until I feel ready to move on. So apart from this little hiccup, I'm starting my ninth month with the Liber T. :)

PolarBear

Emily said:
I'm starting my ninth month with the Liber T. :)

Wow Emily - that's impressive!
I'm starting my 3rd month with the Llewelleyn ... which was planned to be my final month, however, I may extend it a bit. Although I am raring to get back to some of my other decks, I haven't yet been through all the cards.

Although the notes I'm making are very basic (some only a paragraph or so) - this represents the first time I have systematically been through each card in a deck and that is a big step forward in my approach to tarot. So it may well be worth a little more effort ...

I'm especially proud of myself as I am currently redoing my kitchen, and it's very tempting to escape from the mess (both physical and mental!) by diving into a new deck.

However .. I will be strong :)

Though I still don;t think I could manage 9 months! (good job I'm not planning kids eh! :) )

PolarBear

thorhammer

Good for you, Em!

After almost three months of IDS with my Wheel of Change . . . I'm finally starting to study it! :D

Really, we had a rocky start. It was love-hate for a while there, and things weren't all that intensive for a fair bit. But it is now, and it's getting to the point where the thought of using another deck is a source of . . . well, fear. I'm afraid of getting out of this extremely comfortable relationship I've got with the Wheel . . . is that a bad thing? I don't know.

When the three months is up, I think I'll be trying to step out, with the Liber T and Thoth, but the Wheel will be there, no doubt about it. It helps that it kind of follows the Thoth (in the loosest way possible, that is) - well, at least it's not in direct contradiction! I hope it works out . . .

\m/ Kat

WolfSpirit

thorhammer said:
After almost three months of IDS with my Wheel of Change . . . I'm finally starting to study it! :D

I understand what you mean :D

I feel I have not done much intensive study at the beginning...I have used the SW a lot and I am enjoying it...I feel some (well, maybe all) cards deserve a deeper study and I only have done a few so far...but three months is not really a deadline when it should be fnished of course, tarot study is a lifelong work ;)
So I will continue to study after the Solstice but I am looking forward to spending time with my other decks as well.
As it is, maybe I have been too busy with other things these last months to do a really intensive deck study...but at least I made a start with it :)

afrosaxon

I'm DONE!!!

Wow...I can't believe it.

As of today, June 5, I have completed an IDS of all 79 cards in the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot.

:party: :party: :party:

I knew it was coming, but still...I had to go back through each page to make sure that I actually studied and made notes on each card.

I have a much better and deeper understanding of the deck, which will help me become a better reader.

I have been too lazy to type up the rest of my notes and update the NOVT index, but it will happen.

Thorhammer, thank you for starting this up. I really benefitted from it.

I may start IDS with the Osho Zen next, or maybe get back into the Daughters of the Moon. Right now, though, I'm going to take a little break. :D

T.

thorhammer

Good for you, afrosaxon!!!! That must be such a feeling of accomplishment! You're an inspiration - your discipline, and that of people like Rodney, through this exercise has been so uplifting and encouraging to me at least :). Thankyou for being here for it all!

\m/ Kat

Myrrha

Wow!! Afrosaxon you have really been dedicated to this study. You are definitely an inspiration!

Congratulations :) !

--Myrrha

Disa

Congratulations, afrosaxon! I really admire your dedication. Well done!

Skimo

Hello everyone,

Still IDSing here.

My Halloween deck went successfully through the Umbrae method and is now easier to shuffle (the 10 of Imps/wands did suffer a little during the process, but it's his burden).

My journal is full, so I am not journalling anymore (need to find a new one).

I have also received the MAAT, and it's hard not to open the box...

thorhammer

Skimo said:
(the 10 of Imps/wands did suffer a little during the process, but it's his burden).
:D
Skimo said:
I have also received the MAAT, and it's hard not to open the box...
I am HATING you right now!!! You lucky thing, to have such a deck :) One day, maybe I'll get there . . . you enjoy it, enjoy the anticipation!!!

\m/ Kat