Infinite Visions Tarot Decks in Russia

Gloria Jean

Infinite Visions Tarot Decks in Russia:

Note: I have recieved information that my deck is being printed and sold in Russia in violation of copyright. It is on inferior paper with inferior images, probably taken from images on my website. The distributor is a shop in Russia which is claiming the deck they are selling was made by me. That is not true. These are inferior decks and are being sold for $100.00.

I have quit shipping to Russia because of the shipping problems. There has been less than 25 decks sent to Russia and only Anna Simonova has been buying them for resale. Every Infinite Visions deck sold by me has a number, and I keep a record of every person who has purchased one from me. Each deck has a certificate of authenticty signed by me.

I do my best to only send out the finest quality deck I can produce. I have made several changes and improvements. The current deck being sold (by me) has a very nice matte finish. Some people have even thought that it was laminated. It is not laminated. The ink is smear proof but the card is not waterproof.

Gloria

Wendywu

I'm sorry to hear this - it's theft, pure and simple, and it's theft of all your time, effort and work in creating a beautiful deck. Not just theft of any profit that you might have made on the cards themselves. I wish you luck in somehow getting it dealt with. Maybe Karen at MRP could help? I remeber they had this not long back.

Glitterbird

Very sorry to hear this. It makes me sick to see how people will just out-right steal it.

Alta

That is really offensive. I agree with contacting Magic Realist press and even Adam McLean who have both had piracy of their work.

Gloria Jean

I have always known this kind of thing was a possibility. (It was me who decided to show all of my cards on the Internet.)

The genuine collectors in Russia are not going to want that deck because it is inferior and basically a forgery, as I consider each deck I make to be an original work of art. I just want to get the word out to collectors to be sure they are buying an authentic deck from me or from someone who bought from me directly before they spend $100.00 for a knock-off. I hate to see people get ripped off.

The thing that bothers me is for them to claim that I made the deck. Since Anna received some of my decks and actually showed them to people, they are now wanting the real thing. The inferior quality of the knock-offs were hurting her business of reselling my cards because they were hearing bad things about the inferior cards.

baba-prague

I'm sorry to hear this. We have had exactly the same thing happen. Our publisher in Moscow is taking action and has so far been successful in having most of this person's advertisements banned from tarot forums in Russia.

Meanwhile we have one of the bootlegged decks - a customer sent it to us in exchange for the real thing - and it's awful. Very badly printed so all the colours are weird and far too saturated. The problem is that it's being sold as the real thing so it's a complete con and also bad for our reputation.
Jenny_writer said:
The genuine collectors in Russia are not going to want that deck because it is inferior and basically a forgery, as I consider each deck I make to be an original work of art. I just want to get the word out to collectors to be sure they are buying an authentic deck from me or from someone who bought from me directly before they spend $100.00 for a knock-off. I hate to see people get ripped off.

The thing that bothers me is for them to claim that I made the deck. Since Anna received some of my decks and actually showed them to people, they are now wanting the real thing. The inferior quality of the knock-offs were hurting her business of reselling my cards because they were hearing bad things about the inferior cards.

One action you can take is to ask your contact's help in posting on the forums (Russia has a main tarot forum a bit like ATF) in Russian about this - so that people know it's a forgery.

Good luck with it!

Gloria Jean

baba-prague said:
I'm sorry to hear this. We have had exactly the same thing happen. Our publisher in Moscow is taking action and has so far been successful in having most of this person's advertisements banned from tarot forums in Russia.

Meanwhile we have one of the bootlegged decks - a customer sent it to us in exchange for the real thing - and it's awful. Very badly printed so all the colours are weird and far too saturated. The problem is that it's being sold as the real thing so it's a complete con and also bad for our reputation.

One action you can take is to ask your contact's help in posting on the forums (Russia has a main tarot forum a bit like ATF) in Russian about this - so that people know it's a forgery.

Good luck with it!

Yes, I have done that. I hope she will post on the Russian forum. I'm like you, what I object to is them claiming it's the real thing and giving my product a bad reputation.

With the Internet on our side, it has become a small world. Word gets out all too easily. I posted this notice on my website also for anyone in Russia who is checking it out. I know how much work it is to make a quality deck and I know how expensive it is to have it done professionally. I'm not worried about losing customers. I have the whole world with the Internet. I worry more about people getting ripped off from buying a shoddy product. (..and being told that it is made by me.)

That's just insulting to my artistic ego. LOL

callistoluna

I wonder if it's the same person? Maybe they are doing it with a number of collectible decks?

Gloria Jean

callistoluna said:
I wonder if it's the same person? Maybe they are doing it with a number of collectible decks?

I am investigating it now. I have not actually seen a forged deck myself. I did sell some uncut decks to someone near there and there is a chance that these are being resold, but there was a very small number of those involved. Any deck in existence (hand made by me) -can be traced to its original buyer and verified.