Information and value for 68x The Nile Fortune Cards 1897-1904

baba-prague

They're nice, but they aren't extremely rare as far as I know. I've seen them come up for sale fairly often (ebay and dealer's shops). Not sure of the value - certainly they have some, but not huge I think.

Worth having though - interesting cards historically (personally I like some of these old "fortune-telling" decks).

Edited to add - Yes, just had a quick look on one dealer's site and they are asking twenty-five British pounds - I think that's between $55-60?
http://www.collectorsplayingcards.co.uk/cardsale_tarot.htm

Oh - yours may be older though, and they have the book, so I suppose they're worth more than that. Sorry, I don't know much about the history of these though.

Glyphman

Thankyou baba,

Thankyou very much for the info!

Although a little dissapointing.......I would have thought a 100 year old deck would have some value.
I really appreciate that link. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Makes me wonder what puts a deck into a category that results in value based on something else other than the deck just being old. I guess this is a good example for me when looking to add cards to my small collection, that I will be looking for something besides the age of the deck.

Thanks again baba, really do appreciate the help.......

Glyphman

Oracle not Tarot

A moderator has pointed out for me that these are more of an Oracle than a Tarot deck, and moved them to the proper board here.

Great informtion because the owner had thought they were a Tarot deck, and I had no idea.

That will be interesting news for the owner of the deck.

agedog1

I have two of these decks in my collection. One is valued at $45.00 the other at $125.00. The discripancy in the value is that the 45 deck has lost a lot of the gold and the box is not in good to moderate shape. The $125.00 is pristine, perfect deck, perfect box AAA+ condition. Also you need to know what production the deck are as there were several.

Hope this helps