Ingalls Wonderful Zodiac Fortune Telling Cards

thorhammer

I got a set of these from eBay recently and just got them in the mail. They're charming in that vintage olde-worlde kind of way, though unillustrated. I can see that they'd be fun to use but probably not deep and meaningful.

The packaging seems to be largely complete - the box is missing a couple of flaps but otherwise is good, and the title/advertisement card is present. But I can't find a publication date, and I want it for my database :mad: I've attached an image.

Does anyone know when these were published? Or how common they are? I can't imagine that they'd be all that sought-after, but I'd like to know if they're at all unique or rare.

Any and all information welcome :)

\m/ Kat

Attachments

• Ingalls.JPG
    Ingalls.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 737

tarotlyn

:heart:...not positive...but I think those are Circa 1940, but maybe earlier...

:heart:Lyn

Nevada

It reminds me a little of that fortune telling machine in the movie "Big" that made the kid turn into Tom Hanks. So, um, you know, be careful. ;) :laugh:

thorhammer

Nevada said:
It reminds me a little of that fortune telling machine in the movie "Big" that made the kid turn into Tom Hanks. So, um, you know, be careful. ;) :laugh:
Ack! I don't want to turn into Tom Hanks! I haven't seen the movie, maybe I should to know what to watch for :joke:

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Gee! Thanks for the link, Lyn! I got them for considerably less than that, so I got a bit of a bargain! It's amazing to think a deck of cards, so many separate little pieces of something, can make it unscathed through so many years.

\m/ Kat

tarotlyn

thorhammer said:
Gee! Thanks for the link, Lyn! I got them for considerably less than that, so I got a bit of a bargain! It's amazing to think a deck of cards, so many separate little pieces of something, can make it unscathed through so many years.

\m/ Kat
...that always really amazes me too...I have several decks like that
and I have thought the same exact thing... I think that people have just kept
them in a drawer or wooden box for many years, then when they are gone, the
relatives find them and sell them on ebay and other places!

Of course then there are the collectors like the ones on AT :bugeyed: :laugh: