Interesting tarot pairs

xMoonlightx

heres some that i've discovered:

Three aces: Pregnancy
Page of cups and Justice: A heartfeld message about the law or future decsions
The lovers and Tower: I kept getting this and then soon after my parents who are still married had a car crash.

Aset

I don't think this one was in here after doing a search...

World/Universe + King of Cups

Anastacia

Aset said:
I don't think this one was in here after doing a search...

World/Universe + King of Cups
Aset, what have you found it to mean?

Aset

I'm not sure. It came up in a feelings position. I've heard of the King of Cups as "falling in love", so combined with the World (KoC was actually clarifying the World), I'm thinking of falling in love as a big event in someone's life. I feel like I may be missing something though, even an entirely different interpretation. These are two cards that I'm not completely comfortable with yet, so I'm wondering how a more experienced reader would interpret them.

minfx99

not sure about world and king of cups, but world and queen of cups could mean drama queen :D

Anastacia

So you started with World as feelings - and clarified it with King of cups..... too many variations are possible - here's a few
*Noah's Ark - the world ended but Noah managed to stay afloat
*feeling trapped and overwhelmed by emotions... I need space...
*travelling the world by boat
*things have ended and I'm going to drown my sorrows..

am trying to come up with something positive here but not having a lot of luck, must be too jaded, sorry.

Aset

minfx99 said:
not sure about world and king of cups, but world and queen of cups could mean drama queen :D

LOL that is an interesting interpretation. Is that because the World would lend a great deal of magnitude to the Queen's emotional nature?

Aset

Anastacia said:
So you started with World as feelings - and clarified it with King of cups..... too many variations are possible - here's a few
*Noah's Ark - the world ended but Noah managed to stay afloat
*feeling trapped and overwhelmed by emotions... I need space...
*travelling the world by boat
*things have ended and I'm going to drown my sorrows..

am trying to come up with something positive here but not having a lot of luck, must be too jaded, sorry.

Thanks, Anastacia, those are interesting interpretations. Is the negativity you see in the combination the result (primarily) of one or the other card, or is it the actual combination? I tend to think of both cards as they are as positives, but I have heard people say they see the World as more of a burden, and of course how one views the Queen of Cups will depend on their attitudes towards having an emotional nature.

Anastacia

Aset said:
Thanks, Anastacia, those are interesting interpretations. Is the negativity you see in the combination the result (primarily) of one or the other card, or is it the actual combination? I tend to think of both cards as they are as positives, but I have heard people say they see the World as more of a burden, and of course how one views the Queen of Cups will depend on their attitudes towards having an emotional nature.
Well the World has that wide range of meanings and often it means reaching the end of this and looking for a way out. It does sometimes show relationship will end unless both parties are ready to take things to a new level together. I suppose as feelings for another in a very new relationship it could be seeing the other person as a new world to explore and conquer, or that the other person feels like your other half and completes you.

I've seen the King of Cups come up a lot around depression - I think it has to do with being ruled by emotions - emotions are king and it's hard to find your balance when there is so much water around. The emotions are not able to be expressed, so the person can't talk about them, can't write about them, can't use them as a kickstart for creativity, can't cope with working and like the King of Cups floating on his throne they tend float through life which is nice when the weather is fine, but miserable when there are storms around.

Aset

Anastacia said:
I've seen the King of Cups come up a lot around depression - I think it has to do with being ruled by emotions - emotions are king and it's hard to find your balance when there is so much water around. The emotions are not able to be expressed, so the person can't talk about them, can't write about them, can't use them as a kickstart for creativity, can't cope with working and like the King of Cups floating on his throne they tend float through life which is nice when the weather is fine, but miserable when there are storms around.

That's a good description, though I think I'd be more inclined to associate that type of personality with the Queen of Cups (being water of water), or even the Knight/Prince (being a less mature version of the King). Definitely something I want to meditate on, though.