Intuitive drawing

youareafool

So I've started drawing cards and spreading them differently. Instead of a predetermined spread, I draw one card and place it in the middle. This is the first house. I look at the card and feel if it flows in any particular direction. If so, I pull another, place it in that spot, aspecting the original card with this new one. If not, I pull a card to begin the second house. Each of these is a dominant card relating to the situation. Each house can be aspected at any time, any number of times. So if the second house uncovers something related to the first house, we can then pull another card there to shed some light. Then, to finish it off, explain how the houses all work together. Drawing this way, you can have a unique spread every time

Hemera

This is interesting. Just wondering if you are refering to Astrology with houses? What do the houses mean here?
How do you "feel if it flows in any particular direction" ? Do you look at the picture for cues or do you meditate on it or just intuit?

I´d like to pull cards intuitively but I often find that I like to subtly alter my question after I´ve seen the card! I often find that I usually need to have very clear and predetermined questions and card positions otherwise I seem to lose my objectivity. :p

cozmo0_4

I've just had a go at this as I understand it.

Not having a question in mind, (although I did in the back of my mind obviously),
I put a card on the table, and read the card.
Then I drew another to see if it matched what I was thinking.
Then as they matched what the niggle in the back of my mind was, I pulled a third and tied them together.

Which as it happened gave me a great reading.

BUT ...

If the first and second don't match, just move on to a different course (second house) ?

Does this sound right ?

youareafool

This is interesting. Just wondering if you are refering to Astrology with houses? What do the houses mean here?
How do you "feel if it flows in any particular direction" ? Do you look at the picture for cues or do you meditate on it or just intuit?

I´d like to pull cards intuitively but I often find that I like to subtly alter my question after I´ve seen the card! I often find that I usually need to have very clear and predetermined questions and card positions otherwise I seem to lose my objectivity. :p

As far as astrology, not so much. I'm not well versed in it. I chose houses to represent a family unit of cards. Perhaps the whole draw can be considered a neighborhood. Each card in a house interacts with the dominant. So the dominant card can have a few different meanings simultaneously if you choose. Once you feel that area has been well covered, you can discuss and then do it again with the second house and so on. I'm interested to try to see how the heads of the houses interact, I haven't explored this yet. But here's an example of how I make houses:

Say I draw the king of wands. What direction is he looking? Maybe I should draw a card there to see how he views the situation. Perhaps I drew the fool. What direction is entering the scene from? Drawing a card behind him could show information about the where we are coming from in our actions. What spurrred us on our journey. Drawing a card in front him could give insight as to where we are headed. I definitely rely more on the imagery of the cards to help find the flow than the traditional meanings. I love my shadowscapes deck for this reason.
I find reading this way better suited to exploratory subjects during consultations. This method is great for changing horses midstream. Discussing a few cards, moving on to a new house.

I've just had a go at this as I understand it.

Not having a question in mind, (although I did in the back of my mind obviously),
I put a card on the table, and read the card.
Then I drew another to see if it matched what I was thinking.
Then as they matched what the niggle in the back of my mind was, I pulled a third and tied them together.

Which as it happened gave me a great reading.

BUT ...

If the first and second don't match, just move on to a different course (second house) ?

Does this sound right ?

It's less about matching, more about storyboarding. Looking at the scene, deciding if it needs more detail or if it would be too cluttered by another card. Build in whatever directions that fit with the story of the cards at hand

Aunty Anthea

...looking at the scene, deciding if it needs more detail or if it would be too cluttered by another card. Build in whatever directions that fit with the story of the cards at hand

If you are looking for inspiration and intuition perhaps you should try Rune cards :)

Rune Cards by by Brian Partridge, Tony Linsell

The Runes are muh more powerful than the Tarot ;)

Just a thought :love:

youareafool

If you are looking for inspiration and intuition perhaps you should try Rune cards :)

I'll check it out for sure :) I'm at work currently, if you could link me I'll sneak away and peek at it [emoji23] if not no worries

Michellehihi

I am curious to know in what way are the runes more powerful than the tarot, if you want to explain? Thank you!

Hemera

Moderator Note

MODERATOR NOTE:
Runes can be discussed in our Divination sub forum.
This area is only for Tarot Spreads.