iphone/ipod Touch "party tarot"?

sunflowr

For those of you with an ipod Touch or iphone, have you looked at the application (from the app store) called "Party Tarot"? If so, how do you use it? I just bought it for my Touch... $1.99. Not bad! It's scanned RW images, and the meanings, and you can perform readings on the spot with them. I'm planning on trying them out for my "daily card" and see how it goes.

Anyone else have this?

franniee

ooooooo I have an iTouch.... this sounds so cool! Thanks for mentioning it. :D

Chorazin

The iTarot app is pretty neat too, it's a card a day and it's meaning as well as a "love card" that I don't really bother with.

I'm gonna check this app out since it's only $1.99!

sunflowr

My card of the day yesterday with this "party tarot" was quite accurate! More so than my usual card pulls with the real thing. Maybe it's the randomness of watching all the cards spin by you and then closing your eyes and choosing one. Love it! :)

Tip: Don't use "guided reading", as the "open ended" is so much better. :)

MarkMcElroy

Reviews of iPhone apps

Hi,

I've recently posted several reviews of iPhone apps over at TheTarotChannel.com -- including one for Party Tarot. (The developer just updated it last night, by the way, correcting the fact that the interpretive text appears upside down in the earlier version!)

Check 'em out! Also: if you run across any apps I've missed, please let me know. Thanks!

lizziecat

I've got them all so far :)

I like "Touch Tarot" the best (developer just updated the app to include an option to turn off reversals). I don't like "Party Tarot" (now just "Tarot") as much because it has a few issues (as per my review), even with the update.
The other apps "iTarot" and "iGuide" are okay - "iTarot" just has two card readings - "Daily Tarot" and "Love Tarot", and "iGuide" has one card per day for a daily reading only (although it will save up to 60 days of cards for review.)

iGuide is the only one (so far) that has made the effort to use card images other than RWS.

I've reviewed each app but I'm working on more detailed reviews for all of them, plus any more that show up :)

sunflowr

Where are your reviews? Would be interested in reading them.

eta: Yea I'm definitely not finding your reviews. :( I looked under "software media" and didnt find anything. Your website didnt have it either. Is there a section here I'm unaware of???

All Is One

We're talking about tarot apps for iPhone or Touch phone only, right?

I'm VERY interested in any form of electronic tarot, whether it is software or a fb app or whatever. There are no tarot apps for my cell phone and I have no use for an iPhone at all.

I did hear a rumor that Kat Black was working on a tarot app for FB but that may be incorrect. Wish she would make an app for cell phones or software. The tarot software available is all for windows.

I would also like to read the reviews mentioned. Hope for links.

lizziecat

For those interested, I have finished reviews of all the iPhone/iPod Touch apps available at my non-commercial website link.

Perhaps Aeclectic will have a review category for this?