ISO spread/s to time with moon phases

Oddity

Hi all,

I want to do a reading for myself once a week, timed with the moon cycle and its phases and energies – at full moon, new moon and each of the half moons. (I'm thinking something between three and seven cards or so each time, nothing very big.)
I would like to have four spreads, so I can use a different one every week depending on where in the moon cycle we are.

I have looked and found a lot of spreads for new moon and full moon, but can't seem to find any for the time in between. Could somebody please help me find something? I've really been looking but come up with nothing.

(There must be some – I can't be the first and only person with this idea, right? )

Zelmira

Oddity:
There are 2 that I like a lot by Eowyn. You can find them here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=134235

May be for the other 2 faces of the Moon that seem not to have a spread, you may adapt the positions and their meanings from these 2.

Perhaps Eowyn will be interested in creating them. Good luck. Blessings,

Zelmira

Oddity

Thank you Zelmira, those are excellent – short and sweet, just the kind I was looking for. I'll start trying them at next new moon!
And maybe I can make something up for the other two phases – I'm just feeling a little lost because I'm not at all used to working with moon energy, so I'm not sure what the positions would be :) (it just "felt right" to focus on the moon for a while... I can't really explain why)
But I'll work something out and see how that goes...

Thank you! :heart:

Glass Owl

You may like BodhiSeed's Grandmother Moon Spread. There is also Gayla's The Lunatic Phases of Madness Spread

Here is one from http://www.tarotmoon.com/articles/Lunar_Cycles/lunar_cycles.html which encourages you draw a card based upon which phase the moon is in...

Phases of the Moon

Before the lunar cycle starts, look up the dates and times when the moon enters each phase, making sure to adjust them for your time zone. These can be found on a website such as http://www.starcraftsob.com/moonmagick/index.shtml (check the right-hand sidebar for links to pages specific to each month – the next lunar cycle starts on December 4, and runs through January 2, 2003). Then draw the indicated number of cards as soon as possible after the moon enters that phase. There are two cards for each quarter moon phase, and one card for each of the intermediate phases.

New Moon Cards: One card is the seed, the idea, the overall focus of the entire coming month – you can use this to choose your goal for the month, or for evaluating the types of challenges and activities and energies you will need to deal with in order to achieve your goal. The second card is the initial planning for your idea – how to make it happen, what research you might need to do, getting your reserves together and getting ready.

Crescent Moon Card: One card is drawn here to represent your first actions toward your goal – there is positive energy flowing between the sun and the moon during this phase, so making use of that energy to get off to a good start is the focus here.

First Quarter Moon Cards: Choose one card to represent difficulties, problems or adjustments to your plans that you might need to make, and another card to represent the action you need to take in order to positively resolve this blocking energy.

Gibbous Moon Card: This card indicates what you need to do to bring your project or goal to fruition at the full moon – any last-minute adjustments or changes of course, final issues to resolve, or just how to deal most productively with what may be a very busy time.

Full Moon Cards: One card is chosen to represent what you are bringing into being at the full moon. This can be compared to the card you drew at the New Moon to see if you are creating what you expected to bring about, or something different. This is the culmination of your efforts this cycle, though not necessarily your last chance to complete something. The second card represents how to find balance in this emotional time when the sun and the moon are in opposition and tugging you different ways. This card shows how to integrate the emotional and intellectual sides of whatever you are bringing into being.

Disseminating Moon Card: This card represents what you can do with this creation – celebrate, learn from it, give it away, teach others about it, write an article, check it off your list, or?

Third Quarter Cards: One card is chosen to represent any last thing you need to do to finish up this cycle, tie up loose ends, settle issues, put on the finishing touches and begin the process of releasing this task. The second card is an evaluation card – how did things go? What can you learn from what happened this cycle? What was done well or poorly?

Balsamic Moon Card: This card represents how to achieve a complete release of what has happened this cycle, and how you can rest and recover from its activities. This card suggests a way to recharge your energies, release any negativity, and even release attachment to your positive outcomes. This is a time to quiet your mind and body for renewal of the cycle.
You may also wish to take into account the special energies supplied by the sign that the moon is in. For example, a new moon in an earth sign might be a good time to set a practical goal. A first quarter moon in Leo might represent challenges that come in the form of having to deal with people's need for recognition. These astrological energies can be taken into consideration as you frame your questions and draw your cards.

And finally, I also discovered a cool moon spread at http://desert-rose-tarot.blogspot.com/2011/01/waning-half-moon-tarot-spread.html called The Waning Half Moon Tarot Spread. (For clarity I've labeled the left side as the A side.)

---3A--5B----
1A---------1B
---4A--4B----
2A---------2B
---5A--3B----

For this spread you use two decks. The creator used the Tarot of a Moon Garden for the left side of the spread (A) and the Deviant Moon Tarot for the right side of the spread (B).

A: The left side (Moon Garden deck or the lighted side) is what's leaving or needs to go, so these cards should be read in a somewhat negative light.

B: The right side (Deviant Moon deck or the darkened side) is what can aid you in "pushing" (or releasing) these negatives out, or they could give you some insight as to WHY they need to be released.

Position One: Main Focus
Position Two: Supporter (of Focus)
Position Three: Root (what's hidden and/or where it's coming from)
Position Four: Heart (of the matter/what needs addressed)
Position Five: Shadow/Stressor (what's bearing down on the situation or dogging it's heels)

Pair cards up with the B group. See how they interact visually. What would a conversation between those two cards sound like? I like to check elemental dignities on them as well. If I see two enemies side by side... I know that this will be a particularly difficult adjustment.

Oddity

Glass Owl, thank you! I'll have to look into those spreads and see what I can use as is or tweak a little for the purpose... the Grandmother Moon Spread looks especially nice, short and to the point... and the Waning Half Moon very useful for cleaning out things that need to go. Can't wait to try them. (But I will HAVE to wait anyway – until the moon is right! :D )

Many thanks for the inspiration! :heart: