just made runes!..

hispanicJ

Does someone have tips on what i should do next. Also whats a pendlum how do you get one and does it work?BYE!

Kiama

What did you make your Runes out of?

Kiama

hispanicJ

I had this star wars game and it had little round stone like things in it. There not stone though. They are blue and white. BYE!

Kiama

Your resourcefulness amazes me.

A nice thing to make Runes out of is stones or pebbles you find on the beach or something. The walk is nie too....

Kiama

EveAnna

I made my first rune set out of pebbles in my garden, then saw a set for sale in a bookshop so bought them also. My Runes are ok but a little heavy the shop bought ones are terracotta and seem to handle better. What Futhark are you using - I've found the the Elder Futhark seems to be the most popular when searching for Rune websites so its the one I use.

raeanne

Wonderful! I hope you enjoy working with your Runes! There is something about the feel of them in my hands that I love. Must be my Viking ancestry. As for a pendulum, it is anything hanging by a cord. A crytal, key, ring, whatever, will work. You hold the cord between your thumb and first finger and hold still. Begin by asking for the pendulum to show you a sign for a "yes" answer. Wait until the pendulum begins to swing back/forth, side/side, clockwise circle, or counterclockwise and note how it moves. Stop it from moving and then ask for a sign for a "no" answer. Again, notice the way the pendulum swings. Once you have your signs, you can ask yes/no questions and watch the pendulum swing! Oh, you may want to ask the pendulum to show you a sign for "unknown" or "maybe" or whatever else you might want. The pendulum works on the same principle as a Ouija. Enjoy your runes!

hispanicJ

Thanks everyone i found out what i wanted to know. I use th elder symbols. ByE!

Alleira

EveAnne,
If you think your's are heavy, mine are made from copper. The set weighs in over a pound. I had to have a special leather bag made to hold them. I love my set a lot. My first set I went into my garden and pulled some stones for it as well too. When your yard is loaded with rocks, it become some much easier to get hold of stones for runes lol.

Alleira

EveAnna (12 Aug, 2001 00:46):
I made my first rune set out of pebbles in my garden, then saw a set for sale in a bookshop so bought them also. My Runes are ok but a little heavy the shop bought ones are terracotta and seem to handle better. What Futhark are you using - I've found the the Elder Futhark seems to be the most popular when searching for Rune websites so its the one I use.

EveAnna

Hi Alleira,

I would love a set made from rose quartz or rock crystal but copper sounds good too :) How long have you been reading with Runes? I started just after Christmas, then my interest in the Tarot took over again when i found this site, Runes as well as my playing card reading have taken a back seat these last few months.oh well lol

Alleira

EveAnna,
I've been reading Runes since 1993. That's when I was originally introduced to Blum's set. After a few years of doing readings strictly for myself, I began doing readings for others. By far, I favor the Runes above any other tool. It wasn't till 1999 that I began deeper studies of the Runes. Consequently that's when I started to do readings for others as well.
I think that the clear quartz sets are really quite nice. I wouldn't mind owning a set myself. There's a shop locally that has heliotrope and ruby sets. I'm really partial to heliotrope and am drooling over the thought of a heliotrope set :eek:) But I'll wait till a set speaks to me. I believe that waiting for the perfect set (or making the perfect set) are the best choices. If I were going to be doing public readings, I would procure a carnelian set- as it then wouldn't matter if people touched the Runes due to Carnelian's natural cleansing abilities.
I didn't start reading tarot until 2000. So I can understand how the first loves in divination tend to push the newer ones out of place *grin*

Alleira

EveAnna (20 Aug, 2001 02:15):
Hi Alleira,

I would love a set made from rose quartz or rock crystal but copper sounds good too :) How long have you been reading with Runes? I started just after Christmas, then my interest in the Tarot took over again when i found this site, Runes as well as my playing card reading have taken a back seat these last few months.oh well lol