King of Cups

Said1

I'm fairly certain this happens with others when reading, but I'm blocked. I can't interpret anything, for myself or others. I think is this is primarily because I'm stuck on one card that keeps coming up for me over and over and over - the King of Cups. Regardless of why I'm reading, I keep getting this card and it's quite literally driving me crazy.

For me, at times, the court cards can be difficult, but I can't figure out why this card keeps appearing. Any suggestions? Not so much with interpretation, but with getting unstuck so I can interpret everything else, maybe finding the meaning or better, message?

Sulis

Some thoughts

This is how I see the King of Cups:

The King of Cups is someone who is mature and quite in control of his emotions...
He's an emotional type (as are all the Cups courts) but he has mastered them and at times can seem a little emotionally detached.
He's a good listener and helps others out with their problems but because he's so interested in keeping his emotions under control, he often ignores his own problems.
He often appears as a teacher, a counsellor or someone who works in a field where they help others or in a creative field.

If a card comes up again and again, especially a court card, I usually find that it is speaking of an aspect of my own personality.

Are you in a situation where you're keeping your emotions in check or having difficulty doing so?
Or does this sound like anyone close to you?

Said1

Sulis said:
This is how I see the King of Cups:

The King of Cups is someone who is mature and quite in control of his emotions...
He's an emotional type (as are all the Cups courts) but he has mastered them and at times can seem a little emotionally detached.
He's a good listener and helps others out with their problems but because he's so interested in keeping his emotions under control, he often ignores his own problems.
He often appears as a teacher, a counsellor or someone who works in a field where they help others or in a creative field.

If a card comes up again and again, especially a court card, I usually find that it is speaking of an aspect of my own personality.

Are you in a situation where you're keeping your emotions in check or having difficulty doing so?
Or does this sound like anyone close to you?

No to both of your questions and I do agree with what you wrote with respect to what the card means to you, or how you see it.

I think should take a break from trying to sort it out, I'm just can't see the road from following the signs at this point in time. :D

Thanks for taking the time to respond! :)

Sulis

It may help if you posted one of the readings that you're having trouble with over in the Your Readings forum.

Said1

Sulis said:
It may help if you posted one of the readings that you're having trouble with over in the Your Readings forum.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I just might do that!

Sulis

I've just read your reading thread and I still think the King of Cups is you.

You've been through a massive emotional and physical upheaval and change.
As I said before, I see this king as master of controlling his emotions, he's not going to break down in front of people, he's going to cope.

I think that he's turning up right now because you are acting like he acts. You're 'coping', you have your emotions under control. Maybe he's telling you that you need to let them out.