King of Swords

Beebs_94

The past few days, the King of Swords has been coming out pretty often in my spreads concerning a particular situation. Then this morning, i did a 3 card spread to see what the day had instore for me and i got the King of Swords again!

I know that the Kings all mean some sort of wise council, some one you'd turn to for advice if you had any sort of problem. To me the King of Swords represents being level headed, insightful, being diplomatic, etc. The actual suit of Swords is about intellect, reason, etc. So is the King of Swords trying to tell me to really be analytical about everything right now?? And if i need to, go seek advice from someone?

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated! :)

FaireMaiden

I take the King of Swords to mean, (as you alluded to), 'professional' advice... but not just 'if I think I need to'... The Universe is telling you, with the King of Swords, that you need it... i.e. doctor (to include alternative healthcare folk: nutritionist, herbalist, homeopathic provider, etheric surgeon, accupuncturist, etc etc), dentist; lawyer; shrink; accountant/cpa; banker; stock broker; financial planner; professor; career counselor/agent/headhunter; building/landscape contractor; plumber/electrictian etc; interior designer; real estate agent; mortgage broker; insurance broker; travel agent; car mechanic; city or county officials in charge of policy; a pastor, priestess, shaman... and, yes, even professional 'Tarot Readers' and 'Astrologers'.

And it doesn't have to be male... just someone who is an 'expert' regarding whatever situation you're asking about.

The Swords King signifies assistance in either getting all the facts, and/or helping one to sort and analyze the facts, so as to make a proper decision regarding whatever.

p.s. Och! just now realized how new you are to AT... Welcome!!! :grin:

Bronwyn1

He could also be someone you know that has these traits.

WinterRose

I doesn't always refer to a person, though. It can also indicate a need for intellectual honesty, justice or discipline, or it can be simply saying that you need to make a decision based on the facts that you have at your disposal, not with your heart.

Beebs_94

HEy guys, thanks for the extra info...

I too find it hard to relate it to a person that i know...i think there was only one occasion where i found that a court card reminded me of a person i knew..

however, the king of swords makes more sense to me now...and ya, i think i do need to make a clear cut decision...

thanks again!

GreenMoonBeam

Or/And take the card out of the deck and do a spread asking what is the KoS
telling me. This is a method that Thirteen recommends. I find that I do get more information by do this. :): There is a message and trying this way should help.

GMB!