knight of cups , empress revival of romance?

Altamira

Hello,

I had an abrupt ending at the first stages of a romantic relationship (marked also by 5 of cups card just the day before). The man previously feeling strongly suddenly withrew feeling out of love and uninterested romantically, sexually.

I asked whether there is hope that the spark between us will be revived (Q1) and if he will come back to me, what the future between us will be (Q2) and I got the knight of cups and the empress respectively.

They are both positive cards so I kind of rekindle my hope but obviously I am biased.
For the knight of cups I understand that the card suggests that he will come back again with emotions and another attempt to be linked together will be made based on a new emotional offer. He will return with love and his cup full again.

The empress is a very loving card. I wonder if it is a yes, if maybe this is how he sees me although I did not ask it and if it means that yes he will come back and in the future the relationship will be more loving and nurturing than before.

A part of me wants to hope as I could have received two very negative, unloving or indifferent cards.

I will appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Thirteen

Moderator Question

Greetings, Altmira, were these the only two cards you drew in asking about this situation? What I mean was, did you do a large spread and then added in these questions at the end, or did you sit down cold and ask these two questions and pull these two cards?

Indygoflame

Hi Altmira. I'm new to this but will give it a go. I recently had the same thing happen to me. Sudden abrupt withdrawal of contact. To me the knight of cups with empress could be him making an offer to another. The knight of cups being an immature manifestation of his emotions while the empress could be his attraction to all things beautiful. I could definitely see him coming back to you. But I feel he is offering feelings tho others while keeping the door open with you. The empress is assigned to daleth in hebrew meaning door. I feel his actions have everything to do with him not being emotionally mature enough to give you what you deserve. He could have mother figure issues add well. Hope this helps.

Libertya

Hi there!
The Knight of Cups does in some cases mean someone returning from your past. The knight is holding a cup kind of like offering you something. Perhaps a new start of a relationship. The Knight of wands usually means someone coming your way with action. With the knight of cups it might take a while. I don't see a whole lot of action here to be honest because you didn't draw any wands. The empress doesn't look like action to me. It could be telling you to nurture yourself or if he does come back the relationship will be nurturing. The knight of cups does mean he will be thinking about it but the cards at this point are uncertain.
I hope some of this made sense!

Altamira

Hi Altmira. I'm new to this but will give it a go. I recently had the same thing happen to me. Sudden abrupt withdrawal of contact. To me the knight of cups with empress could be him making an offer to another. The knight of cups being an immature manifestation of his emotions while the empress could be his attraction to all things beautiful. I could definitely see him coming back to you. But I feel he is offering feelings tho others while keeping the door open with you. The empress is assigned to daleth in hebrew meaning door. I feel his actions have everything to do with him not being emotionally mature enough to give you what you deserve. He could have mother figure issues add well. Hope this helps.

Hello. Unfortunately the communication between us is not as open as it use dto be so I cannnot know if there is another woman in the picture. If there were this would have been his x girlfriend. He did reapproached me again romantically. He did not remain cold and distand according to his words but tried to meet me again intimately and tenderly. However, we have not talked about it so I am not sure if that is any offer to be developed or not yet.

Regarding the empress she keeps on coming when I ask for the future of us. So I start thinking that is more about us rather than someone else. To the same question: will we become a couple again I got two of cups and the second time I asked the empress. Since these are yes/ no questions I would take emrpess as meaning yes rather than another woman. Maybe I am just wishful :/ Thank you for your help.

Altamira

Hi there!
The Knight of Cups does in some cases mean someone returning from your past. The knight is holding a cup kind of like offering you something. Perhaps a new start of a relationship. The Knight of wands usually means someone coming your way with action. With the knight of cups it might take a while. I don't see a whole lot of action here to be honest because you didn't draw any wands. The empress doesn't look like action to me. It could be telling you to nurture yourself or if he does come back the relationship will be nurturing. The knight of cups does mean he will be thinking about it but the cards at this point are uncertain.
I hope some of this made sense!

Thank you. He did return. After what he told me when he withdrew the last thing I would expect was 4 days later to see him trying to come closer to me again in an intimate way. However, I can feel that he is still uncertain. Although he was very happy when he came closer to me as if this was important to him or he had regretted what he had previously said it seems more that he is not sure of his feelings and what he really wants in this situation. I got the empress card again when I asked if we will become a couple. I had got two of cups for the same question so I would like to go with your interpretation regarding the empress. Time will tell.