Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

GryffinSong

Ok. Next thing is that wd40 won't do you any good in the long run. You need to use special machine oil. You can buy it in any store that has sewing stuff. It's heavier than wd40. You have to read the manual to find out where to oil. Oil in the wrong place, or oil too heavily and you can mess things up.

After oiling, sew a little on a scrap fabric to make sure that oil isn't coming through on the thread. When I oil mine I get oil on the first half dozen stitches or so. My particular machine can ONLY be oiled at a particular spot on the bobbin hook. All else has to be done by a pro with the machine taken apart. Of course you can gamble the $30! :) My machine cost a little more than that and I can't afford the gamble. ;)

Witchy Woman

bloody hell. it all runs better now that i got the Tension done correctly..well half correct anyway :)
Even the teeth on the bottom are working better it seem...well the lubing of the gears mite have done it also...its running abit smother now.

GryffinSong

Awesome!!! Yeah, tension is a pain in the patootie. When I've used machines that didn't want to get their tension right I've been tempted to toss the machine in the trash!!! LOL

kaleanna

well I really am not good at drawing and NOT looking at the paper, ROFL. My eyes keep wanting to look at the paper, LOL.

So I tried my hand at drawing a fairy while waiting for lil one to go to sleep.

kaleanna

here is fairy and her pet sea dragon

Attachments

• fairy and her pet sea dragon1.jpg
    fairy and her pet sea dragon1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 44

GryffinSong

Hey, if you want and have time, do me, heres the question I asked at the Rune circle that jannee didnt get to?
What do I need to do to open myself up for improvement, to Receive the Romantic Relationship I have so longed for? -

Witchy Woman, I've done your toss, and hope to have it all written up sometime tomorrow. I'm getting a bit tired and want to do it justice. :)

Readings are closed for the time being, but I'll open back up in a bit. :heart: I'm really enjoying my little oracle, and want to also try out my larger one.

GryffinSong

well I really am not good at drawing and NOT looking at the paper, ROFL. My eyes keep wanting to look at the paper, LOL...

Trust me, none of us are good at drawing while not looking. The point is to loosen up and get your hand flowing. It also helps to stand at an easel, let your arm do most of the movement, and hold your pencil between your thumb and forefinger, rather than like a pencil that you're writing with. Again, this isn't to make something pretty. It's to start training your eye and hand to flow, to loosen, to start to feel and see intuitively. Over time, you might start seeing your drawings become more spontaneous. Much like the difference in reading a tarot card intuitively vs. using the book.

If you choose to continue exercises like this, you might want to buy a cheap newsprint sketch pad for these exercises, and the ones you'll do if you choose to try "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." These will not be museum pieces. But your hand and eye will be learning.

kaleanna

Trust me, none of us are good at drawing while not looking. The point is to loosen up and get your hand flowing. It also helps to stand at an easel, let your arm do most of the movement, and hold your pencil between your thumb and forefinger, rather than like a pencil that you're writing with. Again, this isn't to make something pretty. It's to start training your eye and hand to flow, to loosen, to start to feel and see intuitively. Over time, you might start seeing your drawings become more spontaneous. Much like the difference in reading a tarot card intuitively vs. using the book.

If you choose to continue exercises like this, you might want to buy a cheap newsprint sketch pad for these exercises, and the ones you'll do if you choose to try "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." These will not be museum pieces. But your hand and eye will be learning.

will it say on the sketch pad newsprint? I have looked at sketch books before but wasn't sure about them so never got one, LOL.

I will continue to try these exercises and will definitely try and get the book when I can :D thank you so much for your help with these exercises, :)

GryffinSong

will it say on the sketch pad newsprint? I have looked at sketch books before but wasn't sure about them so never got one, LOL.

I will continue to try these exercises and will definitely try and get the book when I can :D thank you so much for your help with these exercises, :)

You're very welcome.

Yes, drawings will stay on newsprint. Up until a few years ago I still had my newsprint sketches from college. They are from over 30 years ago. I wouldn't use it for stuff you want to frame and look at all the time because they will discolor with age. I had mine in a portfolio, so the light didn't hit them and they stayed very well. It was really interesting to look at the quick sketch exercises. They're kind of amazing, actually. Not hang-on-the-wall good, but fascinating nonetheless.

kaleanna

My eye is itching and so think it is my cue to go lay down.

Nite All,