Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

Witchy Woman

Heres a question. how often do you do these on here? If there is going to be another one in 6 months...ill save some.?.?.?

kaleanna

Witchy Woman said:
Heres a question. how often do you do these on here? If there is going to be another one in 6 months...ill save some.?.?.?

To answer that question, is that it varies. There isn't a set of dates that we have for these swaps that I know of.

Witchy Woman

So it could be like in another year? wow. guess I joined at the right time.

Mellaenn

Witchy Woman said:
There's not a set time with events like these; I think this is only the third one. They start spontaneously. When everyone gets in the mood for another one, then sooner or later someone comes along and starts another one. :)

Elven

Just checking ...
Are we divided into groups of say 4 or 5 people - and we send out a little junk Oracle to all the members in the group we are in? I think thats how it was done last time ... are we doing the same?
and Satori :heart: good to see you here!
Cheers
Elven

Mellaenn

Elven said:
Just checking ...
Are we divided into groups of say 4 or 5 people - and we send out a little junk Oracle to all the members in the group we are in? I think thats how it was done last time ... are we doing the same?
Cheers
Elven
Yes, that's what we will do. I'm going to give this several days for sign-ups before we start to form into groups and then I'll throw the names in a hat and divide us up. I'm thinking maybe we can go until June 1.

GryffinSong said:
I see several folks asking for 'round the world groups.

I'd like to stick with the USA if there are enough of us to do so. Shipping has gotten CRAZY overseas, and I need to pinch my pennies.

Yep, I hear ya and I will do my best here. The good thing is that these little tiny packages are fairly inexpensive; even when shipping international.

Witchy Woman

Elven said:
Just checking ...
Cheers
Elven
Thats what it looked like they did the last time.
Ive got 6 bags ready to go, but Im thinking theres way to much stuff in them. so i guess ill go threw it to make sure there different items of different sorts in there and no 2 of the same animal or something...? Ill just make a couple of ladies I know one also. I can say one thing though, there isnt a single stone in them. I figured we all have those, or thats what will get sent?

Witchy Woman

I figured a padded vanilla envelope will be just fine.

Mellaenn

Witchy Woman said:
Thats what it looked like they did the last time.
Ive got 6 bags ready to go, but Im thinking theres way to much stuff in them. so i guess ill go threw it to make sure there different items of different sorts in there and no 2 of the same animal or something...? Ill just make a couple of ladies I know one also. I can say one thing though, there isnt a single stone in them. I figured we all have those, or thats what will get sent?
Sounds like you have a lot of great stuff! Don't worry about sending it all out; you can save some for the next exchange!

And yeah, that's what I figured on the stones. In fact, I have an entirely different oracle for them.

Satori

So, I don't want to sound like a bossy boots but I'm gonna offer some advice.

Remember, everyone has different ideas about what great loot is. For someone who has no coastline nearby a shell found by a partner might be a precious and sweet offering.

Also, certain items will work for other systems, and my not even make it into the main system that some of us already have. For instance, I'm a bit of a snob about my Shaman's Oracle. I won't put anything in with that stuff unless it really calls out to be there. Why? Mi-Shell sent some very unique stuff, and so it set a tone for the system that I am trying to maintain.

I have a piece of broken pottery in the kit from ancient Mexico. I also have a beautiful piece of gemstone from Aulruna, some Finnish spectrolite...so I have these precious items, and I don't want to lose the feel of the kit. It has a voice.

Getting those 7-10 items from 4 other people will give you quite an amazing array to use with whatever you already have. And the extra stuff goes into a bag and you pull from it as you create other systems....as time goes on.

Mell just did a beautiful reading for me with her kit. If you want to see one of these systems in action go look at my reading. And yeah, it is personal. LOL. My personal life splashed all over the place, but it might actually help others to see that reading. And so I'm ok with it. It's just life after all!

But the way she uses her imagination and her gifts to create the foundation image, the tree, suggests the tone for the entire reading.

Down south they hang bottles in trees and the bottles are supposed to catch bad thoughts or spirits so that the sun can dissipate the energy come daytime.

I was thinking today that Mell's reading for me is like a bottle tree. It captured some things (and not bad spirits either ;)) that brought things to light so that they can clear out now, I don't have fear them, I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore. It is out in the open.

All because she tossed a few things out on a cloth and put her creative gift to work to think about my life using some oddities she collected. Very powerful.

Now, does that mean that you have to overthink what you send? Nope. Let the person who gets the packet do the figuring. I'm going on and on here. But I don't want people to send a tsunami when all they needed to send out was a ripple!

Just sayin'.....