Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

linnie

So if we do a reading circle, does that mean we get paired up once a month and read for our partner?
That sounds good to me!

I think that would be really fun! Just like the tarot reading circles!!! :)

Yes, and yes!!! Those ISG readings where you are paired with just one person in that particular reading makes it manageable... and you have more time to go back and feedback, and discuss etc... I've been really enjoying the ISGs, so, despite my earlier backing for a free for all, this way sounds really good!!! :):):) Thank you :)

a flotsam and jetsam treasures* oracle

*treasures - given the beauty and depth of the objects traded here, I think we're way beyond junk. I simply can't bring myself to call mine a junk oracle, because there's no junk in it!!!
Cannot argue that point... there is no way that the delightful little bat sculpture, or the Rune, or the seahorse, or... etc etc etc that Horace has gifted me can be referred to as 'junk'...:):)

How do you pull out little quote marks to different peoples posts, WITHOUT, pulling the whole thing. Just the bits..like when your giving feed back on the readings?
I do the same as GryffinSong... quote the whole lot, then carefully delete the irrelevant bits whilemaking sure to keep the beginning and ending quote brackets intact!!!

I finished Witchy Woman's dragon cloth today. Now that she's approved it I can share it with the rest of you. :heart:
It is really very beautiful, GryffinSong... what an amazing reading cloth :)

Sorry your wrist is not good, kaleanna... xx

GryffinSong

Yes it will.

:)

am quiet tonite mostly cause wrist is acting up :(

Bummer!!! I've had trouble in the past with wrist and hand, so I empathize. No, don't write back, just rest it and I hope it feels better soon. :heart:

linnie

I have to be away from keyboards now... talk later xx

BodhiSeed

... readings where you are paired with just one person in that particular reading makes it manageable... and you have more time to go back and feedback, and discuss etc...

I agree - I REALLY need something manageable if possible.:heart:

GryffinSong

I agree - I REALLY need something manageable if possible.:heart:

The more I think about it, the more I think that an ongoing reading circle, probably monthly, will be the most manageable. I think it's also the most likely to succeed over time. I believe to do one we'll need someone to manage the process. Do they have to be moderators for this particular forum? I'm not sure I've even seen any reading circles in the divination forums. Anyone here know how to organize one? If it doesn't have to be led by a moderator I'd be willing to be part of a rotating starter-person, if others are willing. I'm not sure I'm willing to commit to always doing it, but once in a while, no biggy. When I'm more awake I'll poke around and see if I can find any previous reading circles in divination to see how it was done.

ETA: At a quick glance I see that there's a rune reading circle that has a sign up post run by a non-moderator. I haven't dug around to see any of the readings, and I don't see a reading circle subforum up top, so assume it's run simply as a thread within the general forum.

Satori

I sent out Witchy's stuff a few days ago...should be there any day if it hasn't already arrived.

As for reading circles you don't need a mod to set it up, just go for it. Divination is gonna be a rockin' area now eh? Once it gets busy enough there may be a separate area set up of for F&J readings. If it is busy enough anyway.

Sounds great!

kaleanna

Hi All,

How is everyone?

GryffinSong

Hi All,

How is everyone?

Headachy. The tension of Willow's surgery (one of my dogs) and that we're having trouble getting her pain meds and antibiotics into her. Sitting at the sewing machine and computer hunching my shoulders all up. And just general anxiety swirling around. And the heat/humidity. I can't go out walking because I feel like fainting just stepping outside the door. :(

Sorry to be a downer ... it's only a so-so day. I'm sure I'll cheer up tomorrow when Ciro's new Oracle of Visions shows up at my door!!! :)

Satori

Nice job on the cloth GS. Very nice.

I actually found a reading cloth I had made a while back, but not quilted. It'll do.

kaleanna

Headachy. The tension of Willow's surgery (one of my dogs) and that we're having trouble getting her pain meds and antibiotics into her. Sitting at the sewing machine and computer hunching my shoulders all up. And just general anxiety swirling around. And the heat/humidity. I can't go out walking because I feel like fainting just stepping outside the door. :(

Sorry to be a downer ... it's only a so-so day. I'm sure I'll cheer up tomorrow when Ciro's new Oracle of Visions shows up at my door!!! :)

((((((((((Gryffin & Willow)))))))))