Let's see if I'm seeing this right

blind1

I did a 7 card spread asking how I can make a successful relationship with Mr. 'X',what I need to DO to bring things out of the mundane state because I really care and I need some changes in my life,I asked for a little guidance.

I used RWS and no reversals. (I read a post someone used this spread I found it very to-the-point and I wanted to try it!) {{Edit to add: It was Tara Deck's post! Love that spread Tara thanks for sharing it.}}

1) Situation/problem: 8 of wands.
Things are definitely set in motion and I'm ready for anything. (I just wish they would hurry up and land!!)

2) How this situation happened: Wheel of Fortune.
The wheel has been spun and I'm going to be going through some nice changes with him.

3) How I feel today: High Priestess.
I have a lot of gut feelings about things,and with this guy I have a peaceful feeling about him. I just feel like I 'know' he is worth my attention and effort.

4) What am I afraid of? 8 of cups.
I'm scared to death he's going to turn his back and give up on me.

5) What will happen in the future? 5 of wands.
I see I'll be "competing" with something or someone (or maybe my thoughts on how to handle things,I am a yo yo emotionally! LOL). It could be his job,he works endlessly and I get upset,he tends to choose work over spending time with me. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

6) Warning the cards are sending: Death.
Now I've been getting death ALOT in my readings for myself,in almost every reading so I'm in for some major changes. I'm just hoping it's the death of him working all the time,me being upset about it and moving forward in the relationship. One of the three anyway.

7) What the cards are suggesting: 8 of pents [clarifier: 2 of pents]
These tell me to keep working on us and work hard,there will be some duality perhaps my emotions conflicting or making a transition slowly.

Do you think I missed anything? I think I have a long road ahead for this relationship to progress.

elvenstar

hi blind1, a couple of thoughts in addition to your own interpretation. The 8 of wands could also be referring to communication or lack thereof if you were thinking more 'problem' than 'situation'. The wheel turns and turns so perhaps the mundane or any other snags is just a passing phase. The high priestess tends to hold things back sometimes and not share all her thoughts, perhaps you are too.

Also, there's three eights in there, suggesting a certain maturity and stability to the situation. Maybe you're in 8 of wands mode, want it all and want it now but afraid of losing it all (8 cups), while the cards suggest you change gear to 8 of pent, keep your focus and take it slowly (stay balanced, keep it running smoothly 2 pent).

Al Si'ra

Just from the general feel i get..

With 8s and death i feel as though you really will need to work on this as things will develop and change very very slowly and this is a warning to you as you wish things would happen much quicker....but i also feel that you are somehow conflicted within you..thinking too much about it..and you may need to release those and be open to flowing with the pace of nature

:love:
xx

Esee

Just wanted to add & ask-
could you please point me to Tara's spread?

blind1 said:
I did a 7 card spread asking how I can make a successful relationship with Mr. 'X',what I need to DO to bring things out of the mundane state because I really care and I need some changes in my life,I asked for a little guidance.
{{Edit to add: It was Tara Deck's post! Love that spread Tara thanks for sharing it.}}

2) How this situation happened: Wheel of Fortune.
The wheel has been spun and I'm going to be going through some nice changes with him.
relationship. One of the three anyway.

7) What the cards are suggesting: 8 of pents [clarifier: 2 of pents]
These tell me to keep working on us and work hard,there will be some duality perhaps my emotions conflicting or making a transition slowly.

Do you think I missed anything? I think I have a long road ahead for this relationship to progress.

I found the Wheel of Fortune card quite fitting for this #2 position ! Lately I've been think of it as fate, what is to be will be, destiny...

Esee

Thanks for sharing

Your thoughts about the eights.
elvenstar said:
Also, there's three eights in there, suggesting a certain maturity and stability to the situation. Maybe you're in 8 of wands mode, want it all and want it now but afraid of losing it all (8 cups), while the cards suggest you change gear to 8 of pent, keep your focus and take it slowly (stay balanced, keep it running smoothly 2 pent).
The way you've presented it make it feel right to me.

blind1

Ah. I'm really trying to go with the flow but I think you are correct elvenstar (about the high priestess) I have a million things to blurt out about how I feel but I don't want to be the nagging girlfriend so I just keep it to myself. I just get the feeling less is more when it comes to pouring out my heart at this time.

Al Si'ra I cannot wait to let the cup floweth over and pour out my heart,I would love to,but I don't want to drive this man to run for the hills. It showed up right on cue that that is my biggest fear. I'm waiting for my moment. :)

Esee, he always tells me I am his fate and he is mine,I am indescribably drawn to him. (here's the link to the spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71617 )

Thanks for helping me everyone.