Life is short

Emma313

Yet we waste time.......

So much time so much it makes me cry for me and others

Apollonia

Crying is kind of a waste of time too...

Starshower

It is not possible to 'waste time', imo. All experience grows and enriches us.
What do you mean, more precisely?

Emma313

It is not possible to 'waste time', imo. All experience grows and enriches us.
What do you mean, more precisely?
I mean we waste time...someone doing nothng or not addressing problems or not creating or doing nothing is a waste, because our life on earth is limited, that was all I meant to say, we are given time and time then runs out and we dont all make the most of it

As for it is not possible to waste time, yes it is, take for e.g. A person who dwells on a problem for days, weeks, months and does nothing else to try solve it

Starshower

I don't find thinking about problems and letting them rest awhile before making decisions a waste of time at all. A bit - or even a lot - of analysis and deep thought leads me to make better decisions and then feel more aware, more engaged with my own & other people's situations ...more empathetic to others with similar problems, and then more creative. :)

I find that snap decisions, constant running away from facing things by doing, doing, doing (frenetic activity can be an escape or distraction) are, for me, counter-productive.

But that is just my personal experience. YMMV.
Quiet thought, 'dwelling' or 'resting' if you like, helps me cope calmly and with confidence - which rushing in on impulse would not.

I sometimes need a break, especially when depressed (I suffer from clinical depression) and have learned not to beat myself up about needing time & space. For me, using these is not a 'waste' at all. I notice many small beauties & blessings along the way and rediscover my equilibrium. Then I cope much better. :)

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem. I hope giving my personal perspective helps ... but please just ignore it if not. I only mean well in answering you and I wish you all the best in facing whatever you have to face in the best way possible for you.
Bright blessings. :)

Emma313

I don't find thinking about problems and letting them rest awhile before making decisions a waste of time at all. A bit - or even a lot - of analysis and deep thought leads me to make better decisions and then feel more aware, more engaged with my own & other people's situations ...more empathetic to others with similar problems, and then more creative. :)

I find that snap decisions, constant running away from facing things by doing, doing, doing (frenetic activity can be an escape or distraction) are, for me, counter-productive.

But that is just my personal experience. YMMV.
Quiet thought, 'dwelling' or 'resting' if you like, helps me cope calmly and with confidence - which rushing in on impulse would not.

I sometimes need a break, especially when depressed (I suffer from clinical depression) and have learned not to beat myself up about needing time & space. For me, using these is not a 'waste' at all. I notice many small beauties & blessings along the way and rediscover my equilibrium. Then I cope much better. :)

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem. I hope giving my personal perspective helps ... but please just ignore it if not. I only mean well in answering you and I wish you all the best in facing whatever you have to face in the best way possible for you.
Bright blessings. :)

I know all this, and have no problem with it, my point was deliberate inaction, not meditation or taking ones time, ie wasting time