Lifejournal

SherryZoned

Who has it? What all do you do with it? Tips or suggestions?

I am really trying to justify spending the money on this. I absolutely love the demo and getting up to my 15 entries rather quickly.

Thanks

bibi

What is a lifejournal?? I've never even heard of it!
Bibi x

SherryZoned

A journal program. www.lifejournal.com

It was discussed some at the downloading journal software thread.

WolfyJames

Personaly, I prefer using DiaryLand, it is free to use and once you master a little HTML and CSS, you can have fun building your own template, or use someone else's template. You have to pay to come up with your own template on LiveJournal.

SherryZoned

This is not livejournal. Livejournal is on the internet. Lifejournal is downloadable journal program.

Pipistrelle

WolfyJames - Diaryland looks good, but I also want somewhere where I can upload images. It says you can do this with "gold membership" but I can't find how much this costs? Do you have any idea?

Pip

WolfyJames

Pipistrelle said:
WolfyJames - Diaryland looks good, but I also want somewhere where I can upload images. It says you can do this with "gold membership" but I can't find how much this costs? Do you have any idea?

You can use PhotoBucket for hosting your images and that for free.

Nevada

I use it, Redwood, though not exclusively. It's handy as a personal journal, and I like that it has separate entries for dreams. But I have to admit I haven't upgraded mine, so I'm not sure how it compares with the lastest version. In fact I think there are at least two updates since I purchased mine. I love that I can add graphics, especially to the timeline entries, which I like to use to keep track of important life events (birth, deaths, marriage, and so forth).

I can see where it would be fantastic for a family to use who only had one computer, because each person can have their own journal, and privacy using a password.

I've used the dialoging tool for working on fiction, though I don't write fiction in it, per se.

I back up my files from it in MS Word.

That's about all I can share about it right now. Journaling for me is like breathing. If I'm at my computer when I want to journal, I use Life Journal. When I'm away from the computer I use my yellow legal pads. I've sometimes thought of typing all my paper journals up on the computer, but oh my what a job that would be! :) I have years and years of them. So I've been culling through and entering the bits and pieces I treasure, as well as my dream journal entries (I'm working on a veerrry long term project with those and think it would be handy to be able to search through them on the computer).

WARNING: One warning if you're using the demo and you plan to purchase the program. Before your demo expires, do back up all your files. I had a glitch when I loaded the purchased version. I think it was because I had a demo of a later version than the one I purchased (older one was available through a book club). I don't know if that caused it, or it was a bug, or an error I made, but when I loaded the purchased copy I somehow deleted all the entries I'd already made. Fortunately it wasn't much, but disappointing. So, backup before you load a new version!

Nevada

Pipistrelle

WolfyJames said:
You can use PhotoBucket for hosting your images and that for free.

Thanks Wolfy! I didn't realise such a thing existed :) That's just what I'm looking for.

Pip

SherryZoned

Thanks for the Tip on backupping my stuff Nevada. If you go to the website it will tell you what the new features are.

I use it both for journaling, writing, tarot stuff. Pretty much everything at this point. I like it because I can organize and keep it all in one spot.

Paper seems to disappear or my son draws on it. So I relize computer with password is the only way to go for me.