Lithotherapy

Briar Rose

I was buying fragrance today, and I went to look up the ingredients on the companies web site, and of course I had to check out the skincare line.

Bvlgari is listing it's skin care line as gem essences from an old practice called,
lithotherapy.

The skin care line uses sapphire, malachite, tourmaline and citrine.

My question is, how are they doing this? Are they charging the skin care much as we do with elixer's?

cardlady22

I'm not familiar with the company, but it's something I would check out thoroughly. Many people may be jumping on the bandwagon of "mineral" makeup, etc. Some stones were not meant to be absorbed/ingested. Didn't some of the ancient peoples poison themselves with cosmetics?

Ramona

what is lithotherapy

I did a search, as I too was wondering how they do this, and it's a homeopathic preparation, not a vibrational remedy such as is done with flowers, gems and shells.

Here is the spiel from "Lithotherapy Remedies and Information" -

"Lithotherapy is the use of homeopathic preparations of minerals to restore enzymatic functions. It's been proposed that Lithotherapy effect the body in three ways. Lithotherapy contains minerals at optimal levels that work to enhance the effectiveness of enzymatic systems. Since the body typically destroys minerals in the process of trying to free them for use, Lithotherapy has a dechelating effect whereby through substitution and other processes, it liberates the mineral without damaging it for the body's use."

The above in quotes is taken directly from their website, as a copy/paste. I did not alter the text. So, that's how it works. I'm not a fan of homeopathy, preferring to use the whole herbs to heal myself, but I do use and believe in vibrational energy released in flowers, etc.

I hope this helps. Thanks for the thread, as this is an interesting question.
Ramona