Live Tarot Chat

Solandia

Our Tarot channel for live discussion is up and running. It's been good to see many of you dropping in during the testing phase, even if there hasn't always been someone around ready to chat... :)

The channel is now registered, which means it's permanently open. And as not everyone is awake at the same time, I think we should organise some scheduled chats, as discussed in another thread.

Initially, I'm thinking 7pm to 9pm Sunday night to start with, US EST. (That's 10am to 12pm Monday morning, Australian EST.) This is an open chat, a time when you know people will be in the channel.

I would also like to have some focused tarot discussions in future, but I need some help with these. If you're interested in leading a discussion on an aspect on tarot, let me know.

Comments, complaints and suggestions for the new channel, please post them. Oh, and information on connecting is here:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/chat.html

~ Solandia

Kaz

please what is that in GMT?

Kaz

Jeanette

This will certainly be a nice diversion from Super Bowl Sunday activities (i.e., watching the game and eating). :)

Talisman

'Lo Kaz,

GMT, Greenwich (mean) time:

Greenwich is a borough in Greater London, located on the prime meridian. GMT means solar time of the meridian at Greenwich, England, which is used as the basis for standard time throughout the world.

This means if it is tomorrow in Italy, it is already yesterday in Australia. Or something like that.

Talisman
-----------
"A good detective is always in demand." -- Nancy Drew, The Hidden Staircase -- Carolyn Keene

bec

Kaz,
that means 12 midnight till 2 am.

For me that is 1 am to 3 am.

We definetly need some european chat times to go with that as well :)

Like if we set it till 9pm cet / 8pm GMT, then that?s 3pm us est and about 7am aus est

Kaz

Thank you Bec, that was what I wished to know.

Big grin at Talisman :)

Kaz

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Quote:bec (02 Feb, 2002 08:03):

We definetly need some european chat times to go with that as well :)

I agree with Bec, even though Sunday's time slot is ever-so-convenient for me, being on the US East Coast.

I'd very much enjoy the opportunity of interacting with many of you in real time. But the world is a big, round place with many time zones, and this group does tend to be spread all over it.

Perhaps three or four regular chat times ought to be scheduled, depending on what time zones have greatest concentration of Aeclectic members.

My schedule is all over the place, so I'd likely be popping into all the chats, if I only knew at what time they were taking place.

It's 5:30 a.m., my time (right now), so I don't know if I'm blathering, or what. Anyway, looking forward to this Sunday's chat!

Kiama

Quote:bec (02 Feb, 2002 08:03):
Kaz,
that means 12 midnight till 2 am.

*Kiama sniffs back a tear* That's way past my bedtime....

divinerguy

Fine with me, I'm a chatty kinda guy.

Gary

Solandia

The chat times really depend on where everyone is. I assumed most people are in the US, but if the chatters are mostly European I can account for that. More chat times are fine too, all I need is someone willing to be in the channel at that time and chat to others (a chat leader), as I can't always be there.

~ Solandia