Lo Scarabeo

bonadea

I was wandering through the Llewellyn site the other day and came across a new Lo Scarabeo deck, Avalon Tarot. Has anyone seen it and if so what is your opinion? I'm out in the middle of nowhere, Texas, so I have to order all my cards online. Would love to hear from y'all. :)

Mojo

I have the Avalon deck and if you're into the Arthurian legends, it's a good deck for the artwork and the retelling of the King Arthur story. I don't use this deck for doing readings and probably never will, but it's a nice part of my collection.

misifu

Quote:bonadea (05 Aug, 2001 11:18):
I was wandering through the Llewellyn site the other day and came across a new Lo Scarabeo deck, Avalon Tarot. Has anyone seen it and if so what is your opinion? I'm out in the middle of nowhere, Texas, so I have to order all my cards online. Would love to hear from y'all. :)
If you like you can check out www.loscarabeo.com

bonadea

Thanks Mojo and Misifu. With y'alls help I've decided that this deck will go on the back burner for awhile. I love the Arthurian legends. Does anyone have some suggestions of other Arthurian decks that are available?

catlin

Hi,

I have seen this new Arth. deck in a book shop but I did not like it very much because it looks so comic like.

I am still trying to find the Arth. deck by Caitlin Matthews and my favourite is still the Legend Arth. deck by Fergueson.

Kiama

With you thre, catlin!

I recently received the Legend deck, and really love it, and am still looking for Caitlin Mattews' deck. (Caitlin Matthews is one of my fave Pagan authors too). I have heard of the Avalon Tarot, but never seen it yet...

Kiama

truthsayer

Quote:Kiama (08 Aug, 2001 19:58):

I recently received the Legend deck, and really love it, and am still looking for Caitlin Mattews' deck. (Caitlin Matthews is one of my fave Pagan authors too). I have heard of the Avalon Tarot, but never seen it yet...
Kiama

i found the celtic wisdom deck by caitlin matthews this week. it's the first item i've bought that she's done but i've nothing but positive things about her decks. i haven't had time to look at this deck good yet but the card system and art seems intriguing.

i'm looking for the hallowquest deck, too. i went to caitlin's website and found that it has been out of print but is going back into print. perhaps we'll see it back on the shelves soon or available for sell on her website. the prob w/ buying it direct is your order has to be converted to british pounds and extra added for the conversion bank charge and postage. i believe it's around $40 USD + other charges. i can't find my link to her site right now but maybe it you do a search engine on her name or hallowquest. i think that's the name of the site.

i'm also a legend arthurian fan! what a wonderful deck!

Kiama

Truthsayer: If you liked that, you should read a book calle the Celtic Spirit. It is basically a philosophical book aimed at Celtic Pagans or people interested in that path, and for each day of the year, it has something to discuss, think about, look at, do, etc... It takes Celtic myths and folklore and reads deeply into it. I find it exteremly useful.

And if you're interested in the faces of the Goddess throughout history, I would suggest 'Sophia- Mother of Wisdom, Bride of God' it's really good. Very intellectual and factual.

Kiama

Moonsage

I have the avalon tarot, Its pretty breathtaking although Im not so sure Icould read with it. Haven't tried yet though :)
I also have the legend arthurian and the arthurian tarot. I really love all three, Each for different reasons. But don't ask me! Im a tarot addict *LOL* No seriously though, YOu can look at some of the pictures online and decide for yourself :)

Love and Light,
Moonsage

truthsayer

Quote:Kiama (11 Aug, 2001 06:22):
Truthsayer: If you liked that, you should read a book calle the Celtic Spirit. It is basically a philosophical book aimed at Celtic Pagans or people interested in that path, and for each day of the year, it has something to discuss, think about, look at, do, etc... It takes Celtic myths and folklore and reads deeply into it. I find it exteremly useful.
And if you're interested in the faces of the Goddess throughout history, I would suggest 'Sophia- Mother of Wisdom, Bride of God' it's really good. Very intellectual and factual.
Kiama

thanks for the suggestions kiama. i will check them out. i have really been going celtic lately. have you ever read "when god was a woman?' it's pretty interesting.