Lots of Courts in reading

Shebelle

I've been doing readings that feature a lot of Courts recently. I still have a difficult time interpreting them, but one interesting feature I've had 2x in the past week (!) is an upright King and a rx Queen in the same reading.

For example, in one relationship reading, the QC rx was in position of "what's ahead" and the KC upright was the outcome. I was unclear whether to interpret this as 2 people too similar to one another for the union to take place or that the rx person was not the Queen the King was looking for... In any case, another similar reading featured a KS and a rx QS.

Has anyone else observed this sort of thing? I also wondered if maybe these cards modified the meanings of one another -- like a King who was out of touch with his feminine side or maybe was being less receptive to feelings (Cups) or ideas/communicate styles (Swords) that would be considered "feminine". Like a man who will buy flowers for his wife on Valentine's Day, but who won't tell her on a daily basis that he loves her... or a man who likes being in charge and making decisions, but doesn't always feel confident and assertive...

rwcarter

Hi Shebelle,

Are these readings you've done for yourself or readings you've done in general?

Generally I'd say that the upright King and reversed Queen of the same suit points to an imbalance of some sort. The King is more authoritative while the Queen is more nurturing, so the reversed Queen would point to a need to nurture the quality of the particular suit.

Your examples make sense to me as applications of the pair of cards. Since the cards are taken out of the context of the particular spreads, only you know if those applications make sense to the reading.

Rodney

Shebelle

Hey, Rodney. Thanks for your insight. These were readings for others, but I also get lots of courts in my own readings... though not the rx pairs of the same suit. It's more like 2 Queens or 2 Kings or something... I am never sure if they're people or aspects of myself.

I wish there was an online course exclusively about Courts! I find them really tricky.

Best,
Liz