Lovers as obstacle

WhyWuh

Hi fellow AT'ers! I just pulled Lovers in an obstacle position. This person I'm asking about is secretly in love with me but when I asked what prevents them from making a move I ended up with LOVERS!! Thoughts?

My own thoughts would be that they fear the love is one sided? (Because lovers is love right?) or that I'm taken (that I have a lover). I have no slightest clue tbh. But rules are rules.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, WhyWuh!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the best way to learn is to try. Which is why we require in both Using Tarot Cards and Your Readings that when asking for help with card interpretations that you must tell us what you think the card means first before anyone else may chime in. Please edit your post to let us know what you think that card means.

Other posters, please hold off until this has been done.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Grizabella

The Lovers as an obstacle might mean that you're seeing the card too specifically. Some people see it as a soulmate card but it's more about choice a lot of the time. I think the answer you gave is absolutely right on because if either of you already has a lover, then that would be an obstacle to be overcome in making the choice whether to pursue another relationship. :)

I checked your profile and I see that your favorite deck is Ludy Lescott. It's one of my big favorites, too. :)

rwcarter

Hi fellow AT'ers! I just pulled Lovers in an obstacle position. This person I'm asking about is secretly in love with me but when I asked what prevents them from making a move I ended up with LOVERS!! Thoughts?
Um, how can someone be secretly in love with you if you know about it?

Anyhow, the Lovers can also represent choice, so the obstacle to them making a move could be that they choose not to for whatever reason. In that case the Lovers doesn't say anything about WHY the person is making that choice, just that they're choosing not to.

Rodney

WhyWuh

The Lovers as an obstacle might mean that you're seeing the card too specifically. Some people see it as a soulmate card but it's more about choice a lot of the time. I think the answer you gave is absolutely right on because if either of you already has a lover, then that would be an obstacle to be overcome in making the choice whether to pursue another relationship. :)

I checked your profile and I see that your favorite deck is Ludy Lescott. It's one of my big favorites, too. :)

Indeed Lescot's imagery is lovely and highly self explanatory :)

The problem is that we both don't have partners. We are single. I wonder what kind of choice could it be?

WhyWuh

Um, how can someone be secretly in love with you if you know about it?

Anyhow, the Lovers can also represent choice, so the obstacle to them making a move could be that they choose not to for whatever reason. In that case the Lovers doesn't say anything about WHY the person is making that choice, just that they're choosing not to.

Rodney

Someone can be secretly in love because they don't express their feelings for me.

Thank you so much. It could be very true- they just choose not to. And that's it. I just tend to shape the card to fit exactly that question I asked forgetting that cards often tell what they think we should know.

crystalrose

Are you sure this person is secretly in love with you? My first instinct with Lovers as an obstacle is that they don't feel a particular draw towards you. They don't feel an overwhelming need to make a move. The reading is starting with an assumption that may or may not be true.

If they are in fact secretly in love with you, Lovers as an obstacle could maybe mean they see it as too much of a risk? Lovers is about choices that could change your life so maybe they think taking things further is too scary and they'd rather do the safe thing by keeping the relationship as-is.

WhyWuh

Are you sure this person is secretly in love with you? My first instinct with Lovers as an obstacle is that they don't feel a particular draw towards you. They don't feel an overwhelming need to make a move. The reading is starting with an assumption that may or may not be true.

If they are in fact secretly in love with you, Lovers as an obstacle could maybe mean they see it as too much of a risk? Lovers is about choices that could change your life so maybe they think taking things further is too scary and they'd rather do the safe thing by keeping the relationship as-is.

I received a kot of readings saying this person is secretly in love with me.

I definitely see why they could see it as too much of a risk and choosing to leave things as they are. I received readings telling me that this person thinks I don't like them so they could be scared of rejection as well. Confessing to me would indeed shake their world. It's like shaking it if I reject them and shaking if I accept. And possibly doing nothing seems safest for them. Thank you so much.