Mars return

lawguy51

Hello all: This is my first post in the Astrology forum. My Thoth deck has led me finally to wanting to know more about Astrology and when I start into something, I go full bore. So, having digested my third book, being able now to make basic sense of a natal chart, my hunger for more knowledge seems unquenchable. Anyway, I was told by a friend of mine that my Mars was returning to it's natal position and lo and behold, it's there now. So, what can I expect and how many degrees on either side of the natal position does a return remain in effect? Sorry if this is a real newbie-type question.

Lawguy51

dadsnook2000

Mars, Mars or maybe Mars

There is more than one way to look at a Mars return. Given that you are relatively new to astrology, the best approach is to determine when (by date) the return occurs and to then plot the positions of all the astrological bodies relative to your natal chart.

At your birth Mars had aspectual patterns to other planets and points in your chart. At this point in time there are "new" planet positions that may relate to your natal/return Mars position.

1) Evaluate those current/transit planetary aspects to Mars. Are any of these the same planets that were aspecting Mars at birth? If so, they will reinforce and expanded the original aspect interpretation even if they form a different aspect (perhaps a trine instead of a square, for example).

2) Are there any new aspects to Mars, in terms of the planet aspecting Mars, that weren't in the birth chart? These show you where you can "enlarge" your Mars expression.

3) Are any of the current Mars to transit aspects/positions near or at an angle? These will greatly emphasize an active planet such as Mars.

Good luck. Dave.

lawguy51

Thanks! Very helpful.

Lawguy51