Mary Greer's Yes/No system

Calcifer

I don't know how I overlooked this, but in her book, "Tarot for Your Self", Mary Greer outlines her own take on Yes or No questions...
Basically you shuffle and cut the deck into 3 piles like you would for a lot of other readings - then turning over the top card on each pile you determine straight up yes and no answers. This practice requires reversals, and it works like this:
An upright card is a "yes", reversed equals "no".... but the middle of the 3 piles counts as two votes. Anybody else play around with this ?

Michael

Puffette

Wow. Great method. I must try it. But it is also mentioned if the meaning of the card is important?
Let's say i get an upright tower card..i take it as positive?

Calcifer

The way she does it, the card itself is irrelevant... But, like you just mentioned, I've been at least considering the cards that come up as a factor in the big picture...

Puffette

I tried now the method to see if it works and the meaning of the card also makes a lot of sense. The first card on the first pack was reversed, the middle one was upright and the third was reversed. You said that the middle one counts 2 votes.. And the meaning of the middle card has very much to do with the question i asked. Thanks for sharing.

Calcifer

In her method, what you got would be considered a 'tie" - which more or less means that things still have to "develop" before a clear answer is available.....

Puffette

I shuffled for 4 more questions and the positive answer i correlated with the meaning of the card and i understood immediately how accurate it was. For one of the questions i got 3 cards reversed and it made sense,cause i already knew it's not possible,so i was just checking if i get another answer this time.

daenys

I shuffled for 4 more questions and the positive answer i correlated with the meaning of the card and i understood immediately how accurate it was. For one of the questions i got 3 cards reversed and it made sense,cause i already knew it's not possible,so i was just checking if i get another answer this time.

Keep asking impossible questions and it will start saying "yes"...