Medieval Tarot companion book

Soothsayer

Does anyone know if there is a companion book to Lo Scarabeo's Medieval Tarot? Thanks.

gregory

I am 99% sure not. But ask Ric !

Soothsayer

Ric, of course! I will ask him. Thanks.

Soothsayer

In case anyone was wondering, that's a "no". Thanks for the PM, Riccardo.

gregory

Pity, that :(

RiccardoLS

Sorry if my answer was really short. :(

Currently LS has a doubt on what to do for books.
The market gives empahsys on companion books for novelty decks, as it seems that most retailers are not interested into stocking a deck from the past, less so a book.
For instance this is a big problem for the Mona Lisa.

This makes us only thinking book on decks that we "assume" are "book-friendly" or high sales on the wider (not collector) market. Like the Vampires Tarot of the Eternal Night.

Yet, most of the really interesting things should be said on other decks... question is "how". Even the e-book does not seem a suitable solution as we would still have costs for author & translation & editing... for no returns.
My personal hope - but no soon - would be to feature anthology books... like covering decks in bundles. i.e. Historical decks, covering all the historical decks of the LS catalogue in one single edition.
What I like of that very unlickely solution (as it would need a major commitment) is that it would end up creating a truly amazing picture of at least a part of the Tarot landscape.

ric

gregory

The Mona Lisa needs SOMETHING about that damn puzzle..... :( :confused: (or just PM me the solution :D)

RiccardoLS

OT

There is no solution, Gregory.
That is the most important part of the puzzle.
Focus on the questions, not on the answers :)

ric

irian

Hmmm. Don't think this post really belongs here, but it *is* related to a degree. I actualy own a pirated copy of LS's Medieval tarot (and no, I didn't know that it was pirate when I bought it from the seller, as it was delivered by their messenger to my address). I know that piracy of online decks (like what happend to Kat Black) does happen, but I was kind of surprised to see that it's done with "official" decks as well. And the quality of my pirated deck is definitely shoddy. HUGE cards, poor cutting, and shoddy printing.