Minor Arcana Book

BodhiSeed

Hi all,
I'm looking for an in-depth book that deals with the Minor Arcana (not just the court cards). Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bodhran

tarobones

Minor Arcana

Hello......the best book I have seen on the subject is Tarot and the Tree of Life: Finding Everyday WIsdom on the Minor Arcana, by Isabel Radow Kliegman. This is a very in-depth discussion. For something a little more tuned to the beginner, http://www.learntarot.com is the best website I know of for beginners. Hope this helps. BB, Michael

BodhiSeed

Michael,
Thanks so much for the book suggestion. Joan's website is wonderful, and what I first studied when I became interested in tarot.
Bodhran

MarkMcElroy

78 Degrees

I second the praise for Tarot and the Tree of Life. You may also be familiar with the classic _78 Degrees of Wisdom_ by Rachel Pollock, which contains in-depth essays on every single card in the RWS-style deck (but the principles could be applied to any deck, of course).

It might also be fun to work with Sandra Thompson's _Pictures from the Heart: A Tarot Dictionary_. You could pull a minor card, list the elements that catch your eye, and look 'em up ... and ehance your overall understanding of the card in the process. ;)

BodhiSeed

Mark,
Thanks for also recommeding Tarot and the Tree of Life. It is now in my Amazon cart waiting until after the holidays (and the bills :). I have 78 Degrees and Pictures of the Heart -- they are two of my favorites!
Bodhran

Adjustment

Thanks for the info Mark