Mixing the faeries

Carla

A while back there was a thread where someone was talking about combining Heart of Faerie and Faeries' Oracle into one big deck, and discovered that HoF is slightly larger and that's why they don't shuffle together well. Can someone help me find it? I wonder if she trimmed the HoF or how she dealt with that. I feel they do go together very well and would like to read that again. :) Please help?? I tried searching but couldn't find it.

MoonGypsy

My 2 decks are the same size, Carla...Only the backs are different.

ETA: Well, i just found them and yes...the HoF is a teensy weeny bit bigger..but i just shuffled the 2 decks together and cut them and had no problem...
i did it a couple of times...Mine are both first editions...i wonder if the size is closer in my 2 decks...just wondering and mumbling to myself...

Chronata

That was probably me!

The Heart of Faerie is slightly bigger, and so when I shuffle them together, and cut (which is my preferred method of choosing cards) They always seem to cut to a HOF card, whereas the faerie oracle sort of hides in between.

I didn't trim them...but I did discover that when I shuffled and cut them FACE UP, this doesn't happen. I get just as many of either oracle deck.

MoonGypsy

That was probably me!

The Heart of Faerie is slightly bigger, and so when I shuffle them together, and cut (which is my preferred method of choosing cards) They always seem to cut to a HOF card, whereas the faerie oracle sort of hides in between.

I didn't trim them...but I did discover that when I shuffled and cut them FACE UP, this doesn't happen. I get just as many of either oracle deck.

okay, now i need to go drag out my decks...i know i have used them together, and i really don't remember that one deck is slightly larger...but then...i am not sure what i had for breakfast yesterday. :p

And admittedly, i haven't had these decks out in over a year...

MoonGypsy slowly shuffles off towards her Fae decks...

Carla

That was probably me!

Ohhhh! Good tip! I want to shuffle mine together and when I did it the other day, every single time it cut a HoF card. So I put one card from each deck together and examined them and HoF is minutely larger...and I remembered reading about it here. I will try to face up trick. :)