Mlle Lenormand Facts (a request for help)

Middy1452

In one of my previous posts, I said I would be doing some Lenormand readings for the first time 'in public' - eeek!

Anyway, I wanted to give my clients a bit of background on the Lenormand cards to set the scene so to speak. The more I've researched about these cards and Mlle Lenormand herself, the less I seem to know. There's so much conflicting information out there, for instance:

- she read for Josephine/was friends with Josephine/'bigged up' her friendship with Josephine
- she also read for Napoleon/didn't read for him/got thrown into prison by him
- she read for many of the leaders of the French Revolution/didn't read for them/only met Robespierre when he came to question her about her politics
- she used playing cards and had her own system for their meetings, but she mixed in Tarot and other occult elements
- she was imprisoned for her fortune telling/imprisoned for her politics
- the Lenormand cards of today bear no resemblance to the cards Mlle Lenormand used (well established fact, I believe)

I realise that much of the information is shrouded in the mists of time but does anyone know of a good website where I can glean a list of interesting facts from? Or have any stuff they'd like to share?

These readings will be a bit different from the norm as they're going to be done in a historical setting/on a history themed weekend and so I really want to give some background historical information!

TIA!

Middy x

Tag_jorrit

Do you know the story of the Hindu woman who saved and saved and sold all she had, gave the money to her son and sent him off to buy a sacred relic, the tooth of a saint?

The wretched lad went off willingly, was gone a week, spent all his mother's money on himself. On his way home saw a dead dog in a ditch, wrenched out a tooth and brought it home to his mother who was overcome with reverent joy. She took it into the house, set it on her altar, and knelt to pray to the saint whose tooth it supposedly was. A while later the son looked in the door. There was his mother, and there the tooth ... glowing with such a beautiful light that the little hovel was radiant from earthen floor to rooftree.

My advice, and just mho. As you say, there are many conflicting stories about Mlle Lenormand. I think you should just pick a version that you think sounds most reasonable and go with it. You can preface it with, "No one knows for sure but it is said ... " as if you were an authority.