More pics of the Gill Tarot?

Citrin

Does anyone know of a site that shows, if not all, more cards from the Gill Tarot? I've been thinking of buying it, but can't really decide... Some more scans would really help. I love Jo Gill's art, but not sure if the minors would be right for me...

Thanks in advance. :)

Emily

Hi Citrin,

I found these for you

http://www.phoenixskye.com/images/deckimages/gill_samp.JPG

I have the Gill and the Minors are strange to work with but its a very interesting deck to work with. It feels very Thoth like, it does have keywords but most of them fit - the Majors and the Courts are similar to RWS, the book to the Gill is very hard going and I've not managed to read it yet.

I haven't done to many readings with it , I found that its not a deck I can just pick up and read with but I've put it on the backburner until I can find the time to study it. :)

Citrin

Thank you! :D

Yeah, it is quite Thoth-like. That deck was easier to work with than I imagined though...

The minors are original, indeed. :) Hmm I'll have to give it some more thought! Once again, thanks for the link and information.

Citrin

Thank you! :D Haha aw man, I can't believe I didn't think of that site. I've been there before viewing tons of decks...

That will help me tons! Thank you.

jackdaw*

That is a great site, isn't it, Citrin? It's one of my favourites!

Small peeve about it right now, though, is that its links for the Sakki-Sakki Tarot have been down for several weeks. Trying to whet my appetite (expecting this deck to arrive in the mail any day), and can never access the images for this deck.

But that's besides the point...

I've been a fan of the Gill too for a while - but intriguing though they are, I know I'd never be able to read with those Minors!

QofP

Citrin

How come? :) Now that I've looked at them, they seem more clear than I thought, quite Thoth-like.

jackdaw*

Good question, ... having just come back from a look at my collection and the large number of pip-style and historical decks, I must sheepishly admit that you may have a point. While I rarely do, I can read with pips and these are a step or two better than pips, IMO. This deck may bear more thought after all. I may have to look up that link I sent you myself! And I have to admit that I do LOVE the Majors.