Morgan-Greer/2 rods' gloves

Cascade

I really like this this card. So many symbols just jumped out. The feather as a quill in the envelope of a hat was one. John Steinbeck wrote a story called The Pearl that fits the be careful what you wish for theme of this card. But I can't find the answer for the markings on the gloves. The 'arrows' on the youth's glove show upward movement. But for some reason the other hand looks older and more masculine. The color blue on the youth's gloves isn't mentioned either. Is their another book covering this deck? Thanks

WalesWoman

LOL Cascade, you remind me of me... when I first got this deck and despaired over the book that came with it.

Unfortunately there isn't another book to explain the symbolism of this deck that I've heard about.

Since Wands is about creative/ passion & growth, it could be about creating something with his hands... and blue is usually associated with mental activities. The passion that drives him, the connection between turning an idea into something real. So the active, masculine persuit of the creation of his dreams and desires. This is what I enjoy about Tarot and people's questions, they are never answered entirely and always room for new ideas and insights... what it might mean today can change tomorrow.

Can you see a little bit of Justice in this card? It's as if he is weighing the wand in one hand with the crystal ball or pearl in the other. His left/feminine holds the creative wand and his right/masculine hand holds the sphere. In another sense, it's as if he has to decide to trade that sphere for the wand that is being offered to him... and if it is worth the trade off or not. Imagination can take this anywhere.

Here are some links that I found useful for symbolism of objects, colors and a kajillion other things. Those can expand your understanding, but can really muck up your readings... not really, but I could spend a week on just one sometimes if I looked up every color,symbol ,astrological, numerological meanings and everything but the kitchen sink. After going cross eyed with too much information to digest, I've gotten over it now and am much lazier about it. If it seems important I look up info and hope it sticks in my brain for the next time it comes up.

http://www.geocities.com/tarot_r_us/Home.html
http://billheidrick.com/works/tarotdiv.htm
http://www.supertarot.co.uk/astro/timing.htm
http://www.worldtarotnetwork.com/Astrology/astrotarot.htm

Follow links whenever you can... takes you all sort of places and loads of discoveries... as well as a whole lot of useless junk as well, but it's fun.

Cascade

Choices

If Justice fits into this card, then the choice he makes between the sphere and the rod must be the right one, the one he deserves. In the 3 rods he's holding this offered rod, has extra backing behind him for future endeavors, and he's waiting for .... I haven't gotten to the 3's yet. Justice and the 2 rod were the first two cards out when I took the plastic off. I just split part of my job into 2 different depts. We opened an unbelievably successful 2nd store last July and I'm trying to set up a projected buying plan for it as 1 year ann. approaches. I don't have time to do employee stuff anymore so split my am & pm & put 2 emp. in charge. I'm trying hard not to interfere or micro-manage even if they do it differently. Justice must be reminding me there's more than one way to be right. Don't you just love the subleties and sychronosity of life with the tarot. Sealed me with the Morgan-Greer.

Cascade

re/choices

As I journaled all this I had another thought. If he chooses the sphere, then it looks like a pentacle and the next thing he knows, he's juggling the 2 of pents instead. and change is never a loss, it's simply change. Maybe my triple picses is coming out and I'm over-analysing.

Grizabella

The color blue and the left hand are both symbollicaly (sp?) connected to spiritual things.

Rede Seeker

Spiral on the Glove

The blue gloves have three straight lines - seams from construction or decoration - either way it reminds me of linear thought. Early in any practice, mundane or spiritual, the student stays within the marked lines, follows the established pattern. Our young man is communicating with someone with a different pattern - a spiral - someone who is not contained by linear thinking, but also someone who will watch something evolve - crossing it's path again and again, possibly seeing something new with each crossing. Someone who is willing to go out of his way to experience something as opposed to the laser-straightness to a goal.

I see in this potential for exchange, a decision being made to leave behind established patterns and move into something new, something that may not seem so well established (fewer oak leaves on the staff).

I see the sphere as his companion/advisor either as a pearl of wisdom or scrying sphere. Only he can see into it, but he has to remember to look. it is unclear in the Two of Wands that he has looked. His gaze is to the person off-stage, so to speak.

In the background there appears to be a green field, it could be water, an ocean calm and ready for sailing. So our young man is choosing from a place of prepared land (acres ploughed and planted) and clear skies.

As I take my last look, it occurs to me that perhaps our young man is looking for this change and is bartering for admission rather than being courted by some unknown person. Perhaps our young man seeks change and is out to get it.