Morgan Greer - Eight of Rods (Wands)

Althea Nokomis

I haven't seen this card discussed yet and could really use some insight into the interpretation. I just don't seem to connect with anything that relates to typical book meanings...I have read everything from receiving news, situations ending well, things flying quickly, happening fast, re-evaluate the situation, meditate and roll in the path of least resistance. I see the calm smooth waters and can relate a little to the last analogy bug could really use help with the rest.
Thanks

Sulis

Here's an image of the card: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/tarotsulis/Morgan Greer/8ofWands.jpg

This image is obviously based on the Rider-Waite-Smith image of the 8 of Wands - it's almost exactly the same.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/tarotsulis/Rider Waite/8ofWands.jpg

OK, we have 8 wands organised into 2 sets of 4 flying through the air. They are tipped slightly forward and so are heading towards the ground.

When I look at this image I also incorporate the number 8 and the element of Fire into my interpretation. 8s are about balance and harvest. To me (who uses decks where Justice and not Strength are at number 8), 8s are about seeing the rewards (or not) of previous efforts. They're about reaping what has been sewn, they're about movement to attain balance.
With the 8 of Rods we see things that have been started looking as if they are almost coming to a conclusion. The wands / rods are speeding towards their destination in an organised way. Things are starting to come together, there is quick movement and what has been started will soon be showing you results.

You seem to be looking at the background image and ignoring the main image of the flying wands nearing the end of their journey.
I hope my interpretation of the image helps :).

Althea Nokomis

Thanks Sulis,

After I wrote my post yesterday l looked into number meanings and came up with movement, so I can see them moving, like you said. I can see the current of the river pulling things along quickly as well, so I will just go with my "happy conclusion" definition I started out with, and things moving quickly along, and use my intuition to fill in the rest. Thanks for your help:)