My Crystal Quarz Ball - Advice on Scrying

BridgetJones09

Hi!
I just bought a Crystal Quartz ball (some 35 mm). It looks like this one, more or less:

http://crystal-cure.com/pics/ball-crystal303.jpg

I want to know if you could give me some advice on Scrying with it. Is my ball too small? How long should I practice? ...and anything else you could think of.

Many thanks!

214red

i have a small ball like this, i didnt want a big one. you can scry with it, i would start by connecting with it like you would any other crystal (meditating with it etc). i would start in small bursts of trying to scry, dont try staring at it until your eyes hurt, take you time and start seeing what you can see and see what happens

celticnoodle

What a BEAUTIFUL Ball!!!

You can scry with any size ball that you are comfortable with, just like you can scry with ANYTHING you wish to use. (I have some balls the size of a small marble that I can scry with and as large as a baseball) some people use the tile on their floor, the tiles on the walls, and other things that sounds very odd, but they do a great job with it! so, who's to say what is right or wrong. you have to be comfortable with it yourself. I've actually used a blank white index card myself, thanks to Dancingbear here and her help. :laugh:

First of all, it may take some time to get use to scrying and working with your ball. it's like any other tool, don't expect 100% success w/the first go at it.

hold your ball or gaze into it, which ever is most comfortable for you. that is the key thing--you need to be 100% comfortable, relaxed and at ease.

it is not so much the tool you are using as allowing your mind to relax and give you the messages.

Try gazing into the ball, but it is generally advised in books to spend only a few minutes each day doing so--no more then 10 min. The moment you begin to feel uncomfortable at all or any headache coming on or eyestrain--STOP immediately. other wise you may end up with a doozy of a headache.

After awhile, (could be a long while or it could be the first try--everyone is different), you'll begin to see a cloud like formation perhaps (it is again different for everyone). This can also go on for many days in a row. Then one day, you'll 'see' something in it.

I can remember seeing once a ship in my ball and soon after the husband made an announcement that he wanted to book another cruise. :D

Don't second guess yourself. Generally the first thing you see as a shape has meaning. The same shape can change itself though to give a second shape, so keep a paper and pen handy to write all down that you notice or feel.

A dream book is very handy to have nearby as you can look up the meaning that way, unless you feel it means something else.

The biggest trick is to trust your own intuition. not always easy to do, so the dream book can help. But learning to trust what you see, feel, hear and smell are key in any form of divination.

the biggest piece of advice is to not give up and also enjoy what you are doing. I have many crystal balls that I have not even divined with yet. some I just enjoy looking at. I'm not that big into crystal ball divining myself. I much prefer tarot or oracle reading, or psychic medium work to the ball or crystals, or tea leaves or what have you. So, if you decide you don't like divining w/a ball, don't worry about it, they are still gorgeous to have near by. The one you pictured is absolutely gorgeous!

Makes me want to finish unpacking all my crystals and crystal balls today and play with them. Enjoy!

oh!, and, there are lots of good books out there on crystal ball reading. Take a look at some and perhaps investing in one or a few will also aide you.

Jai1216

This is a gorgeous ball. I love the way the light reflects.

I just got interested in scrying with a 4"+ black obsidian ball --- I am not exactly sure how I perceived that it must be a black one. Best guess is that it stems from when I was a kid. The electricity used to go out during storms, the room would be nearly black-dark with exception of a little moonlight. I could make the room go completely black with my mind and see swirls of color and other colorful patterns. So, that's why I think I will do well looking into something black.

BridgetJones09

Thank you!!!

i have a small ball like this, i didnt want a big one. you can scry with it, i would start by connecting with it like you would any other crystal (meditating with it etc). i would start in small bursts of trying to scry, dont try staring at it until your eyes hurt, take you time and start seeing what you can see and see what happens

Very sorry for my delay on responding. Been experiencing problems with the net :p
I like your advice! I'll give it a go... a lot of goes ;)
Thank you very much!

BridgetJones09

Thanks so much!

What a BEAUTIFUL Ball!!!

You can scry with any size ball that you are comfortable with, just like you can scry with ANYTHING you wish to use. (I have some balls the size of a small marble that I can scry with and as large as a baseball) some people use the tile on their floor, the tiles on the walls, and other things that sounds very odd, but they do a great job with it! so, who's to say what is right or wrong. you have to be comfortable with it yourself. I've actually used a blank white index card myself, thanks to Dancingbear here and her help. :laugh:

First of all, it may take some time to get use to scrying and working with your ball. it's like any other tool, don't expect 100% success w/the first go at it.

hold your ball or gaze into it, which ever is most comfortable for you. that is the key thing--you need to be 100% comfortable, relaxed and at ease.

it is not so much the tool you are using as allowing your mind to relax and give you the messages.

Try gazing into the ball, but it is generally advised in books to spend only a few minutes each day doing so--no more then 10 min. The moment you begin to feel uncomfortable at all or any headache coming on or eyestrain--STOP immediately. other wise you may end up with a doozy of a headache.

After awhile, (could be a long while or it could be the first try--everyone is different), you'll begin to see a cloud like formation perhaps (it is again different for everyone). This can also go on for many days in a row. Then one day, you'll 'see' something in it.

I can remember seeing once a ship in my ball and soon after the husband made an announcement that he wanted to book another cruise. :D

Don't second guess yourself. Generally the first thing you see as a shape has meaning. The same shape can change itself though to give a second shape, so keep a paper and pen handy to write all down that you notice or feel.

A dream book is very handy to have nearby as you can look up the meaning that way, unless you feel it means something else.

The biggest trick is to trust your own intuition. not always easy to do, so the dream book can help. But learning to trust what you see, feel, hear and smell are key in any form of divination.

the biggest piece of advice is to not give up and also enjoy what you are doing. I have many crystal balls that I have not even divined with yet. some I just enjoy looking at. I'm not that big into crystal ball divining myself. I much prefer tarot or oracle reading, or psychic medium work to the ball or crystals, or tea leaves or what have you. So, if you decide you don't like divining w/a ball, don't worry about it, they are still gorgeous to have near by. The one you pictured is absolutely gorgeous!

Makes me want to finish unpacking all my crystals and crystal balls today and play with them. Enjoy!

oh!, and, there are lots of good books out there on crystal ball reading. Take a look at some and perhaps investing in one or a few will also aide you.

As I said in former post, very sorry for my delay on responding. Been experiencing problems with the net :p

Your answer is so comprehensive! But you must be gifted to be able to scry on almost anything! I'd love to know more on doing it with a blank white index card. If you could give me the link to that thread I'd be really thankful! :) Thanks for your compliments on my ball. I also think it looks beautiful :)

BridgetJones09

This is a gorgeous ball. I love the way the light reflects.

I just got interested in scrying with a 4"+ black obsidian ball --- I am not exactly sure how I perceived that it must be a black one. Best guess is that it stems from when I was a kid. The electricity used to go out during storms, the room would be nearly black-dark with exception of a little moonlight. I could make the room go completely black with my mind and see swirls of color and other colorful patterns. So, that's why I think I will do well looking into something black.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
I was about to buy a black obsidian ball on eBay just the other day, but I thought I rather be able to look 'inside' if you know what I mean...Obsidian feels as if it were mirroring you instead. Could you explain further how to do it with such a reflective surface? I love obsidian... More input on the light to use would be useful too. I have one of this Himalayan Salt lamps and my room is painted dark purple. I think the light is dim enough, do you think it should be dimmer yet?

Jai1216

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
I was about to buy a black obsidian ball on eBay just the other day, but I thought I rather be able to look 'inside' if you know what I mean...Obsidian feels as if it were mirroring you instead. Could you explain further how to do it with such a reflective surface? I love obsidian... More input on the light to use would be useful too. I have one of this Himalayan Salt lamps and my room is painted dark purple. I think the light is dim enough, do you think it should be dimmer yet?

I have not bought my obsidian ball just yet and I do not own any others. I will buy it the beginning of April. Yes, I understand about looking inside --- I think if I do get a clear ball, it'll be plain glass or lead mixed. I won't be spending a lot of money on a clear ball. But, the obsidian ball I am buying has to be from MX for some reason and it costs more.

I could always scry in a dark room, without a crystal ball. I think that's why I have an inclination to black.

Any time you scry, of course, you are looking at a reflective surface. I know that black can reflect a lot more opaque colors and can be distracting. I have a way of "zoning in" to the black depths and then an image appears. It's like . . . I lose myself in the black. I have always been able to "see past" all the distractions; it's like my mind is trained and does not let my eyes see anything else. Like I mentioned b4 about the power outages, I had literally years of training and never realized it. So, I feel like I can see into black, and not see into crystal-clear surfaces. I guess I am the other way around lol.

Even when I get visions thru clairvoyance, they seem to come to me thru this black tube sometimes. I asked my Guides was a "black" ball better for me than a crystal clear one -- I asked for confirmation. Same day I got a vision of Lucille Ball (from "I Love Lucy") and Ricky Ricardo (sp?) and they were on the set of the tv show. I immediately felt she battled depression. When I got the vision, I saw a black crystal ball in my 3rd eye and Lucille and Ricky were in the center.

I am not sure what to tell you about the lighting with a crystal ball, other than using candle light, like a tea light candle. A tea light is the only thing I will use when I get mine. I plan on placing it behind my ball as back-lighting, if this makes sense. You will have to experiment for sure. If you "feel" the dimness is fine, then it probably is. But, use a white tea light candle and see how that works for you :) I usually buy a 50-pack for around $2.50 USD. You can also try putting a couple of tea lights behind you somewhere.

celticnoodle

Your answer is so comprehensive! But you must be gifted to be able to scry on almost anything! I'd love to know more on doing it with a blank white index card. If you could give me the link to that thread I'd be really thankful! :) Thanks for your compliments on my ball. I also think it looks beautiful :)

not sure how gifted I am, really, but thank you for that. :) As for the blank white index card, it was not on this website but on Dancingbears website. We use to have psychic circles going twice a week on her site, (right now they are closed down for awhile). DB ran one of them and I did the other. anyway, we often did exercises and DB used the exercise of us using a blank white card.

Basically, you just hold or just look at the white blank card and concentrate on blocking out everything else save what you are specifically asking to see. for example, if I am wanting to do a reading for "Mary", you would just think of Mary while looking at the white card. it's really just like using any tool to divine with. You really just need to relax yourself and keep trying it till you see that it works. You'll see that you'll get things--even with a blank white index card. :) She had lots of wonderful exercises that I still use today to divine.

I also generally will do other things with the index card for divining with. Such as when I want to astral travel from my home to another home, I draw a simple picture, (often I even use just stick people) onto the index card showing me in one corner with my home, and in the other corner, the place I wish to go to.

For instance, I wanted to go to Dancingbears home in Australia once, and I live in NY. So, I drew a somewhat believable map of NY (small in size) in one corner and wrote "ME" on it. Then, in the other corner, I drew a map of Australia and labeled it "Dancingbear". in between, I drew waves for the ocean that separates us. Then, I meditated while holding this card and concentrating on going from NY to Australia. I found myself in her home, walking from room to room. I have never been to Australia, let alone to DBs home and never saw pictures of her home. But, I was able to accurately describe her home and what I saw and she confirmed it all. A few others from our circle did this same thing, and I believe everyone had the same results.

It seems to work. try it sometimes. the only thing you have to lose is the white index card and a bit of your time. If you are not successful the first time, just try it again and again. One day, you will be successful and realize that you can do this.