My Ferret Tarot is done!

HudsonGray

We picked up the decks from the printers today! I've got half the pouches made and am looking at networking with the different ferret groups as well as getting word out to the tarot groups. We don't have a web site up yet, which hinders things a tad, but I do have the images over at Picturetrail:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1243650&uid=728989

SO! They are now available. Think Christmas presents, folks! Think 'artist done deck', think 'ferret owners!', think 'something different for Christmas!'

(*subliminal hint muttering in the background....buybuybuybuy*)

OK, aside from the childish line above, I am really stoked about seeing them all done & piled up on the table. Now comes the hard part -- selling them.

Major Tom

Congratulations. :)

I'm sure the sales will come. ;)

lunalafey

HudsonGray said:

SO! They are now available. Think Christmas presents, folks! Think 'artist done deck', think 'ferret owners!', think 'something different for Christmas!'

(*subliminal hint muttering in the background....buybuybuybuy*)

hmmm.....no subliminal needed......It's not a matter of want...It's a matter of must....have one. I know some-one with a "ferret" and thier birthday is Dec. 24.....have pay-pal yet? you might want to set that up, payment is as easy as an e-mail.
(*can't have them in Ca. But there is a hugh pro-ferret movement, you might be able to capitalize on that)

Hedera

I want one!

How much do they cost? How can I pay!

Lunalafey is right, Paypal would be excellent.

HudsonGray

I'm sorta leary on Paypal after two artist friends had so much trouble with it (you can't reach a live person & the account is frozen for months if there's a dispute), so I'm not sure if I want to get into that. I know a lot of people never have trouble with the service, but they're not a bank & aren't accountable to anyone & do seem to take forever 'fixing' things.

So at the moment any other form for payment is fine. The deck is $14.95 plus $2 shipping in the US, $3 for Canada, or $5 for Europe (it'll fit into those $5 prepaid envelopes). More than one deck, just add a dollar & that'll cover things up to half a pound or more on weight. My e-mail is falconme@execpc.com if anyone has questions. The deck comes with a LWB and a cheat sheet and a pouch since we don't have boxes printed up for the deck.

Hedera

Unfortunately, Paypal is the only safe way to send money abroad, I think. :(

Doing a bank transfer to the US costs about $28 on this end, and usually the receiving bank charges their client a fee as well, so that seems a little pointless.

What about the method baba-prague uses on their website? I have no experience with it, but from what I understand it is sort of Paypal-like, only with much better (personal) service.

Oooh, I really want the deck! :D
Hope we can think of a way to pay for it.....

fairyhedgehog

PayPal is straightforward for me - I had to join to pay my subscription here.

I shan't be sending cash to the US, so unless there is some other credit card method, I shall be ferretless.

Which is a shame as it is a delightful deck and amazingly well-priced for such a unique item.

HudsonGray

I had a lady last year snag an American serviceman & exchange cash with him to get American dollars, which worked really well at her end (she had a great conversation with the guy).

I'll read up more on other forms, for this end.

rota

This is a really dumb question, but it keeps bothering me, so I'll just up and ask: is it pronounced 'ferret terret' or 'ferret tair-o'?

HudsonGray

Good thing I didn't make it Egyptian and orange too--it'd have been a Carrot Ferret Pharaoh Tarot (Bwa-ha-ha-ha!)

Ok, seriously, it's 'fair RET TAY row'. At least that's how I've been pronouncing it. (There's several ways to say tarot, including 'ta ROW' 'TAR oh' 'TEAR it', etc.) Boy I can tell I've had WAY too much sugar tonight!