My Skin: Relationship Lyric Spread!

MissJo

All those by KM tempted me to try my own...

This is inspired from My Skin by Natalie Merchant. I think this is a beautiful song, I don't care what anyone says... I loved it for years! Figured this would be a good song to practice too...

I tried this spread out last night, and I'm really happy with the way it worked.

Take a look at my body, look at my hands, there's so much here that I don't understand.
What’s going on in your relationship that’s making you feel so lost:
Your face saving promises whispered like prayers, I don't need them, I don't need them.
What you don’t need from them right now:
I've been treated so wrong, I've been treated so long as if I'm becoming untouchable.
Why you don’t need it, why it’s hurting you so much:
O, I need the darkness, the sweetness, the sadness, the weakness, I need this.
What you can do about how they’re treating you:
I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight, angel sweet love of my life, o, I need this.
What you really do deserve:
Do you remember the way that you touched me before, all the trembling sweetness I loved and adored?
Why you fell for them in the first place:
Is it dark enough? Can you see me? Do you want me? Can you reach me?
How your relationship with them is right now:
Or I'm leaving.
The choice you need to make in regards of your relationship:
You better shut your mouth, hold your breath, kiss me now you'll catch my death, o, I mean it.
What you can do to get what you deserve:

….…9
….…8
6……….7
….…4
..2.….5
…….1

KMilliron

I'm an inspiration xD

Nice spread. Very empowering :D

MissJo

Oh, very.
I did it before I went to bed last night and it REALLY lifted my spirits and made me feel about 80x better about the relationship I asked about. And the general message about the relationship was pretty negative too... delivers bad news in a very good way!

KMilliron

MissJo said:
Oh, very.
I did it before I went to bed last night and it REALLY lifted my spirits and made me feel about 80x better about the relationship I asked about. And the general message about the relationship was pretty negative too... delivers bad news in a very good way!
Negative readings are just as good as positive ones if you take some advice and change your ways for the better. That's what I try and do in my spreads and this one nailed it.

MissJo

Exactly! Everyone, of course, wants positive readings... but the negative ones are just as important and helpful. Perhaps a bit more so, considering that's when your a bit vulnerable.

Thank you very much!
:)