My Thoughts about FIXED and CHANGEABLE Predictive Events

tarot_quest

We are all here on this forum to gain more insight about Tarot (the cards themselves, the mechanisms regulating this art and plenty of other things!).

Since I started Tarot, I was fascinated to understand if the future can be accurately predicted. There are a lot of threads concerning this question already, but I felt like adding my grain of salt today. I have been asking a lot of different questions about the future during my Tarot journey, for the purpose of practicing, ''testing'' and validating my comprehension of the cards once the event happened. I would then looked retrospectively if the cards made sens or not concerning how the situation unfolded.

The question behind this was ''Are we really the master of our life'' and ''Are outcomes changeable''? I would like to share what I found yesterday when asking this question to Tarot cards.

The first question was: Are there some events in our lives that are part of a ''destiny''?

I got the World.

This card makes a lot of sens to me. I think that we start ''cycles'' when we learn something, whatever it can be. At some point, a cycle has to finish its course and a new one has to begin. For example, if someone has been in a relationship for 10 years with someone and someday, it ends up to a breakup/divorce, I feel that somehow, this event was part of the ''destiny'' of both people involved. They learn what they had to while they were together, and things came to a full circle. In their specific case, these 2 people were not compatible anymore to start a next cycle together. To sum up, this card (World) gave me an ''Aha!'' moment about the question of destiny. I would like to add a personal example. I have been very close to one of my aunt when I was a teenager. However, the relationship became incompatible at some point. One night, I had dream and my aunt was clearly telling me that ''I was not part of her destiny''. I did protest in this dream, but the message was so strong that I understood when I woke up that nothing I would do could change the nature of our future interaction together. Things came to a full circle and our lives drifted apart. Now, I understand that this was for the best.

The second question was: Are there some events from our future that are ''changeable''?

I got the Tower.

I understood this is a BIG YES. So many small events are changeable. At some point, I was doubting that we could really change a lot of things. So this was another ''Aha!'' moment. I would say that inside the ''cycles'' that we are experiencing, a lot of things can be changed. We re-define who we are almost every day, by taking small decisions. As an example, I did a reading for a 16 years old girl. She gets a new boyfriend every month or so. She had her ''longest'' and most serious relationship not long ago, and she asked me if they would still be together during the current academic year. Mind you, I got a card saying that they might stick together (4 of pentacles), maybe by fear of loosing each others. The other cards in the reading pointed that they could have stayed together, but they just broke up. So I would like to come up with the ''wave'' analogy here (an idea that was already brought up in this forum and elsewhere). Even if this relationship was ''more serious'' than others for her, nothing long term came out because she took the decision to breakup. We could argue that she is only 16. However, some people that I know got together when they were this age and are still together after 15 or 50 years! So in her case, I think that this relationship was a ''small wave'' in the stream of her life, probably because she is exploring her options right now.

I know that these questions are not simple, but I feel that we have both a ''fixed'' and ''changeable'' future. This continual mix could create what we explore in our Tarot readings. This is just how I see it of course ;) Feel free to share your thoughts as well.

lepleadian

Personally i do believe that many things are changeable as well as there are fixed events....but to me fixed are those which are major and long lasting...But as far as i have seen here many of the predictions had to do with fixed events like getting in a relationship or getting a scholarship where most of the readers say a big yess or no.

Saskia

The question behind this was ''Are we really the master of our life'' and ''Are outcomes changeable''? I would like to share what I found yesterday when asking this question to Tarot cards.

The first question was: Are there some events in our lives that are part of a ''destiny''?

I got the World.

The second question was: Are there some events from our future that are ''changeable''?

I got the Tower.

What a fascinating question and reading, tarot_quest!

I agree with your interpretations. I guess it depends on one's world view, but if you share the view (that I also happen to have) that we born here to learn lessons and evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually, these answers make a lot of sense.

The Tower could also mean that life is unpredictable to some degree and not everything is fixed. Things happen all the time that are beyond our control: as results of other people's actions, choices and also the forces of nature (earth quakes etc.). The Tower could also be seen as an opportunity to learn from adaptation: what do you do when your plans go awry? How to react, how to feel, how to save what can be saved, how to move on, how to change plans on the go and think on one's feet?

All and all, I see life very much as a game where we all start from one point and progress to another, through a number of pit stops (or perhaps sign posts) on the way. These sign posts might be predestined, but how we get from one to another, is up to us.

This theory would also explain why some events show up in tarot and some don't (not all readings are accurate). Some things are "more fixed" than the others, and some flows of events can change drastically due to many elements affecting them (others' free will in addition to our own, for example).

I think the future is a bit like the weather. You can see the patterns to a few days or even weeks ahead, but so many tiny aspects are interacting with each other that predicting far into the future becomes more and more shaky. However, some "major events" could be predictable because they are like seasons: always changing at a regular manner.

tarot_quest

Personally i do believe that many things are changeable as well as there are fixed events....but to me fixed are those which are major and long lasting...But as far as i have seen here many of the predictions had to do with fixed events like getting in a relationship or getting a scholarship where most of the readers say a big yess or no.

Yes, I agree that fixed events are often major and long lasting, like starting a new field of studies, a new career or a new significant relationship. I assume that the cards will be more ''obvious'' to interpret when talking about these major shifts in life. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

tarot_quest

What a fascinating question and reading, tarot_quest!

Hey thank you Saskia! :heart:

I agree with your interpretations. I guess it depends on one's world view, but if you share the view (that I also happen to have) that we born here to learn lessons and evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually, these answers make a lot of sense.

I heard an astrologer saying that life is like a school: some people are in kinder garden whereas others are in University. This is not to say at all that some people are better than others, since we are all here to learn. Moreover, an individual can be very much advanced in a specific sphere (for example with emotions, empathy) whereas the same person can be less skilled in another area (for example with logic).

The Tower could also mean that life is unpredictable to some degree and not everything is fixed....The Tower could also be seen as an opportunity to learn from adaptation: what do you do when your plans go awry? How to react, how to feel, how to save what can be saved, how to move on, how to change plans on the go and think on one's feet?

Yes, I like the idea of adaptability following a Tower moment/situation. It's a good opportunity to see our inner strength and how we can cope with the situation!

This theory would also explain why some events show up in tarot and some don't (not all readings are accurate). Some things are "more fixed" than the others, and some flows of events can change drastically due to many elements affecting them (others' free will in addition to our own, for example).

I really like the idea that some events can be reflected in Tarot while some DON'T. When something major happen in my life, even if I do 10 readings about it, the result/message expressed in the cards will stay the same. I noticed that for ''smaller'' or more ''uncertain'' questions, the cards can drastically change from one reading to the next :)

I think the future is a bit like the weather... However, some "major events" could be predictable because they are like seasons: always changing at a regular manner.

This is a very nice illustration!

Farzon

What a great idea to ask the cards about it! I love unusual questions and wish it had been my idea! šŸ˜

The answers from your reading and your interpretation also reflect my own experience with the cards. They're more easy to read, more straight to the point at some times, and then I know, fate is at work. Often we recognize the impact of such events only later in life... but with the Tarot we know at least THAT they're important.

Barleywine

Many years ago we had an instructive lesson in "fated" events. My wife and I were returning home along our unlighted country road late at night. A carload of young guys came flying around a sharp curve and nearly slammed into us. It was a near miss. Three days later she was pulling out onto the main road and was broad-sided at high speed by an elderly gentleman who shouldn't have been driving (he had forgotten to reset his turn signal after exiting the highway). She was clearly an "accident waiting to happen" at that point. Although we hadn't consulted the tarot prior to either episode, sometimes a "Tower" vulnerability will follow you around until it gets its due.