Mystery Person--who is it?

celticnoodle

Sort of on the same lines as Peeking through the Keyhole, I thought I'd post a picture of someone. Now, I'll tell you in advance that this woman, we know (those of us who DO know that is), is one of two people. The relatives of this woman differ on WHOM she is.

I thought I'd post her picture here to see what ya'll could come up with. You just may help us to determine exactly which woman she actually is. :D so, see what you come up with!

Attachments

• woman.jpg
    woman.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 101

Amanda

What kind of identifying information are you looking for?

I thought that perhaps this woman's name was something like "Rose" and that perhaps someone further down the line was named for her.

celticnoodle

looking for anything you can give about her. I will give feedback say in a few days, so as to not influence anyone else that wants to try.

Thanks Amanda for participating.

anyone else?

celticnoodle

bumping this up. anyone want to try? throw some cards, runes, or whatever to see if you can get something on this lady? or just use your good ol' psychic abiltiies?

jeffrey2530

Russian old lady...

and saw a small kid wearing stripes...

and purple flower

might be just my imagination...

.traveller.

I heard laughter. She had a glorious sense of humor. She was happy.

Doubt that helped any, but that's what I got.

Amanda

Well, I'll just start talking out my behind and see if anything makes sense...

I thought "German" when I saw her picture... she's got kind of a German grandmother vibe about her. I really thought she was named for a flower. Rose, Lily -- something like that.

Her energy is happy and uplifting. Catering comes to mind... I don't know if she delivered goodies she made or what exactly... I feel her joy surrounding the delivery of food or something to people... more so than making it because she liked the social aspect of food bringing people together. She feels like a Libra... strong but pleasant. She probably gave advice in humorous ways... ways that people could laugh at themselves and solve their problems at the same time.

I actually don't get the sense of family around her, she feels very much like a lone social butterfly, nice to everyone. She's someone that people were happy to meet. I don't get the sense of any really deep or personal connections for her.

There is something about being killed, but not by murder. I'm not sure if this was her or someone around her... it feels like an accident, but this younger man is taking responsibility for it... maybe a fire or explosion. But involving this younger man... maybe he is the one that was killed. I'm seeing him from the back, like he's a memory, with a long-sleeved shirt on, crossed suspenders in the back and one of those hats that was newsboy style with a button on the top and brim at the front.

Radiant-M

I got the name Winifred. Had connections with Indian Americans. Enjoyed baking and I could see her with a basket of baked goods like bread and handing them out to children as she walked through busy lanes. And also sitting on some sort of wooden portch in a rocking chair. I could see her with two children, bathing them in an old tin tub. She was keeping a secret. Witnessed something she shouldn't have.
-M-

celticnoodle

What kind of identifying information are you looking for?

I thought that perhaps this woman's name was something like "Rose" and that perhaps someone further down the line was named for her.

No. her name was not Rose, and no known Rose's in the family--but her last name does begin with "R".

As I stated in the first post, we knew it was one of two people. One of my great great grandmothers on my maternal grandfathers side. We just all differ on whether it was his maternal or paternal grandmother. Apparently, from what was found here as well as on a psychic circle I host at another site--my mother wins on who this woman is, and it is my grandfathers paternal grandmother. Her name was Honora (Reilly) Regan. The interesting thing is that in this side of my family, the 'family rule' was that at least one daughter born into the family needed to be named for a rose. not necessarily 'Rose', as there are many variety of roses--but named FOR a rose. My oldest sister, Sharon, was the lucky one named for a rose variety.

Its interesting, because the psychic circle people also got this same name though, so I'm wondering if perhaps Honora's middle name was Rose or if she had a Rose in her immediate family, whom I know nothing about. Now, she did have a daughter and granddaughter named for her, "Honora" but we referred to them as "Nora". I was also given her married name as a middle name, gave the same name to our daughter as a first name and my first granddaughter received it for a middle name again. So, we are carrying on the names in the family. :D very good, Amanda!

Russian old lady...

and saw a small kid wearing stripes...

and purple flower

might be just my imagination...
nope. She is Irish born and bred. Lived in Ireland all her life, but she did travel to America to visit her family who immigrated a few times--alone and even in her old age! I do not know about a small kid wearing stripes or the purple flower. sorry. :( Thanks for participating!

I heard laughter. She had a glorious sense of humor. She was happy.

Doubt that helped any, but that's what I got.
from what we've gathered through family stories and from a genealogy book written on the family, she did have a great sense of humor. I do have a few pictures of her, and she was smiling in each from ear to ear and her eyes just seem to sparkle--even in the old timey photos. So, I think you are correct here too! thank you for participating.

Well, I'll just start talking out my behind and see if anything makes sense...

I thought "German" when I saw her picture... she's got kind of a German grandmother vibe about her. I really thought she was named for a flower. Rose, Lily -- something like that.

:laugh: Again, I think it is so cool you are picking up on this flower thing! I'm not sure Honora is a flower--I tried googling it and came up empty handed. But we do have a "Lilly" in our family, too-recently born (Sept. 2012). and as I mentioned above, it is the family 'lore' that at least one daughter born to the family should be named for a Rose. Unfortunately, she was not German--but Irish born and bred as mentioned. :) Not sure if she had any German connections--as her children immigrated to different parts of the world--however, as far as I know, one in Australia and the others to the U.S. but perhaps someone in Germany too? who knows?

Her energy is happy and uplifting. Catering comes to mind... I don't know if she delivered goodies she made or what exactly... I feel her joy surrounding the delivery of food or something to people... more so than making it because she liked the social aspect of food bringing people together. She feels like a Libra... strong but pleasant. She probably gave advice in humorous ways... ways that people could laugh at themselves and solve their problems at the same time.
I'm not sure if she did any catering, but I'm sure she was a cook, as she was the stepmother to many children and had a few of her own as well. Her husband married 3x - she was the last wife, the others died. He died too, leaving her a widow. I do not know when she was born-yet. still trying to find that out via my genealogy research. She was very sociable for sure. She'd travel from Ireland via ship to the U.S. and had children and grandchildren, nieces and nephews from one end of the country to the other and made sure to visit all of them! Quite a feat for a woman of her age in those times--(between 1900 and 1930). She lived to be around 107, (family quotes her age as 105 and 109, where as a genealogist in Ireland said 107). She passed away darning socks - after having been to Mass--and she walked to and from the church--again, various mileage being given, but at least 1 mile each way. :)

I actually don't get the sense of family around her, she feels very much like a lone social butterfly, nice to everyone. She's someone that people were happy to meet. I don't get the sense of any really deep or personal connections for her.
at least 4 of the children are hers. these 4 all immigrated to another country. So, I'm sure she felt the loss of all her children leaving. the ones who did stay behind were older, so her step children for sure--and a lot of her step children also immigrated. My grandfathers parents immigrated to the U.S. and left him behind in Ireland, where he lived with both this grandmother and his maternal grandparents. mostly his maternal grandparents though. He immigrated when he was about 13yrs. of age--alone--to the U.S.

There is something about being killed, but not by murder. I'm not sure if this was her or someone around her... it feels like an accident, but this younger man is taking responsibility for it... maybe a fire or explosion. But involving this younger man... maybe he is the one that was killed. I'm seeing him from the back, like he's a memory, with a long-sleeved shirt on, crossed suspenders in the back and one of those hats that was newsboy style with a button on the top and brim at the front.
well, my grandfathers maternal uncle (the two families lived near by and were obviously close) did commit a murder--which again was also picked up in the circle I did. he was very much involved in the fights against the British and apparently killed a British Lords son. This uncle was then quickly smuggled out of Ireland to America. However, years later, he was murdered here in the states, and there is a huge mystery about it. he had married a British woman here in the states, who had also immigrated--(years after his immigration). Interestingly enough, when he was found murdered--days after the incident, his wife had completely disappeared. No one had any idea what happened to her--or if she was the murderer. Many years later, my moms sister, (my aunt & uncle) just happened to run into her--while on their vacation--and though they did not talk, they both made uncomfortable eye contact. it had been rumored before hand that this British woman/wife of the murdered uncle was in cahoots with the British Lord to find and murder this renegade uncle. But, who knows? The story and the murder was never solved, but it sure makes for interesting family history.

I got the name Winifred. Had connections with Indian Americans. Enjoyed baking and I could see her with a basket of baked goods like bread and handing them out to children as she walked through busy lanes. And also sitting on some sort of wooden portch in a rocking chair. I could see her with two children, bathing them in an old tin tub. She was keeping a secret. Witnessed something she shouldn't have.
-M-
I do not know of any Winifreds in the family nor connections with American Indians, but that could be correct. One of her children (or was it one of her grown grandchildren)who immigrated to the U.S. married a woman who was of Spanish or Mexican descent. She was beautiful and could've been part Indian as well. I'm not sure tbh. Again as for the cooking, I'm not really sure, but would imagine this is a true statement. Just no way to confirm it, I'm afraid. :( I would imagine the secret was the hiding of that renegade uncle of my grandfathers, (not her son--but the brother to this woman's dau in law)--and the subsequent removal to the U.S.

Well, it appears we have a very good idea from what you all have gotten here, that my mother, who was the only one who felt it was the grandmother Regan, is correct. darn it! We all thought she was our Sullivan ancestor--:laugh: she looks so much like my great grandmother Regan, nee Sullivan! However, a second picture of her with some grandchildren with her - the kids in the picture are definitely Regans. We all still look like the Regan side of the family--these children in the pictures--almost identical in fact. :p

Thank you all who participated and who most likely solved a great family mystery! I was really hoping though to get the opinion that she was our grandmother Sullivan. :p oh well! better luck next time! :D

thanks again. :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

-M-

Radiant, I just recalled that there was indeed a rocking chair! She gave this chair to my grandfather to take to his parents when my grandfather immigrated to the U.S. My mother has this rocking chair now and all her grandchildren were also rocked in this chair.