Of Thoth & weirdness

Moonklad

Greetings and blessed be-
Since I started working with the Thoth tarot deck it seems that several odd "coincidences" have occured. Most odd the occurence of last weekend. For those not familiar, included in the Thoth deck is a symbol card called the unicursal hexagram..it basically looks like a squashed version of a star of david..but not quiet..anyway..when I started using this deck I put that card away assuming that it was just an "extra" card. well, the other day I started wondering about this..wondering if it WAS supposed to be a part of the deck. As I shuffled the cards for my daily reading..contemplating this..I withdrew my daily card..it was..yep..the unicursal hexagram card! It chilled me to the bone. I immediately went and questioned my hubby. He of course had not touched the cards yet somehow not only had this card made it back into the deck, it also surfaced at the very time I pondered it. One thing for sure, it answered my question at least for me. It is a part of my deck.
Blessing,
Kim

truthsayer

i agree that you have a right to be freaked. i'm pretty certain the deck would be finding a new home if it were me. i don't like "haunted decks"! i like to be in charge of what and where my cards go! reminds me of my osho zen deck. i thought i had put the osho card away from the deck yet it was w/ the deck the last time i looked. it didn't bother me at the time since i can be so absent minded. now i think i'm going to separate osho card again and see if it returns to the deck overnight. if it goes back to the deck, after the scream heard round the world, osho zen will be finding a new home! :D :D

also reminds me of the time i was going to do a reading w/ my robin wood deck. i happened to remark to the querent,"looks like robin wood has decided to hide from me right now..." i only meant i had misplaced the deck. when i turned back to my querent she was big eyed and ashen faced,"how often do your cards run away from you?" then i had to say w/ a straight face,"oh! not too often!" :eek:

joya250

Moonklad, okay, now the weirdness continues.... I too have the Thoth deck, and have pulled this card out and it's propped up over my computer area. As I was waiting for aol to log on, I looked up at it and was pondering it's meaning. I then began doodling it on paper.... and then the first thread I open up on the forums was this one.

so, okay, maybe not that weird, but just thought I'd share the coincidence. Do you know what this symbol means? I haven't been able to find out yet. It's very striking. Coincidently, I saw Tool recently, and they had this symbol displayed on stage - red on black, just like the deck.

Dee 04

i have often wondered the same thing? what does this card mean? to me, it can't mean anything too positive. maybe we can start a thread on that....

New2Tarot

That card isn't included in my copy.. that's not cool!

Later,
New2Tarot

faunabay

They give opinions on this card at http://www.geocities.com/Paris/2110
That's the Tarot Inspiration website. Click on the cards header and you'll find the hexagram card listed also. I followed some of it but some of them lost me. But this website goes into real depth with the whole deck though. You might want to check it out.

truthsayer

Quote:faunabay (15 Oct, 2001 07:58):
They give opinions on this card at http://www.geocities.com/Paris/2110
That's the Tarot Inspiration website. Click on the cards header and you'll find the hexagram card listed also. I followed some of it but some of them lost me. But this website goes into real depth with the whole deck though. You might want to check it out.

thanks for finding that info on the unicursal hexagram. i read it and understood some which i'll try to paraphrase. this is just my interp-not the gospel. it's definitely deep stuff. some think it's crowley's personal magical symbol--the hexagram of the beast. only someone who is a powerful magician can handle this powerful card in some opinions. some think it represents the center of the tree of life-tiphareth. could be a symbol of balance. the there's the plain weird stuff like it the 6 points symbolize the 6 orifices of a woman's body and the pentagram the 5 of men. it could stand for the 4 elements and 2 ethers. i don't think anyone really knows for sure. i bought my deck in 1985 so i can't remember if it came w/ the deck or not.

Moonklad

Hmmm..yes, indeed Joya...weirdness continues..as the day I pulled the hexagram card was ALSO the day I saw the band Tool and noticed the symbol there that night. Just another reason that I thought it might be significant! weirdOrama
blessings,
Kim

joya250

Hey New2Tarot - I don't think this card is included in the smaller version of the Thoth tarot (the purple box)