ok...now lets talk study deck....

cj

Hi all,

I went out and bout the book.....

I am going to use the Universal Waite deck. I tried the first exercise with the Sacred Circle deck and got nothing..then did it with the Waite deck and said ""OH YEH".

I am looking forward to the posts...

cj

Kaz

Robin Wood deck here, thought about Osho Zen, but it's too different.

Kaz

fairyhedgehog

I ordered the Universal Waite from amazon (UK) two weeks ago. Two whole weeks and it still hasn't come. How can they do this to me?

Anyway, it does look a good deck for studying. I'm following the Tarot course on Barnes and Noble that recommends Joan Bunnings book - does anyone know if it is any good?

Regards,

FH

Kaz

FairyHedgeHog, just download the course at www.learntarot.com it's about the same as the book.

Kaz

Jewel

I use the Universal Waite as my study deck IN CONJUNCTION with my Robin Wood deck. I agree with CJ it really makes the "light bulb" go off working with both decks and a book that is RW focused (such as 78 Degrees of Wisdom). This process is really helping me understand both decks a deeper levels than ever before, and giving me an appreciation of the RW deck which I have always had trouble liking in and of itself *LOL*.

Love & Light,

truthsayer

i think the nigel jackson is going to be my study deck. it reminds me of the rws but isn't merely a spin-off. it has a "life" or "character" all it's own. it seems to relate to universal symbolism enough that it should work w/ 78 degrees okay.

genna

The Universal Waite and Tarot of a Moon Garden for me.
Love and Light,Genna.

Lilliana

I study with the thoth deck. I've found it amazing to work from. Before that I studied with my trusty RW for about 4 years.

Lilli

Jewel

Quote:Lilliana (16 Jan, 2002 22:54):
I study with the thoth deck. I've found it amazing to work from. Before that I studied with my trusty RW for about 4 years.

Lilli

For a long time I have wanted to study this deck. Once I finish my work with "78 Degrees of Wisdom" and the Mary Greer work books I am planning on studying the Thoth deck in depth. I think it will be great a great compliment to my Qabalistic interests, and will also help me in better understanding decks that are Thoth based. I am really looking forward to being able to study it ... as they say "So many decks ... so little time." *LOL* ;)

Love & Light,

Melvis

I'm using the Legend: Arthurian deck because I really wanted to see if a theme deck could hold up to Rachel P.'s examples of the RW in her book. The Legend seemed to be the best theme deck I had in my possession, so I went with it.

I think it may be a challenge, though! I got stuck on the very first 4-card layout for a loooooong time...but once I found a connection between the cards, the rest just flowed! I hope it works a little quicker for the rest of the book, otherwise my brain may overheat before we're done! ;) :p

By the way, the next Chapter in 78DW involves arranging the Major Arcana in three rows of seven, with the Fool in a row by itself above the others. I'll probably start it as a new thread at the end of next week, unless someone wants to see it sooner.

Peace,

Melvis