OMM 10/06 -17/06 - Simsy and Mellaenn

Simsy

greetings Mellaenn,

tis i Simsy your partner for the OMM :) glad to be partnered with you here is our spread for this week below

Spread of the Week

This week's spread is called the Hope Spread, and it was created by nirvie:

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for -- there's two ways this card could be selected, by either drawing a card normally for this position when you draw cards for the rest of the spread, or by picking a card out of the deck before doing the spread that you feel is representative of what you are hoping for.

2) Roadblocks to be overcome

3) Where you can find your courage

4) Advice for fighting for it

5) What awaits you if you follow through

Ready? Then let's get started!

I look forward to everyone's participation and enjoyment.

Please check out my oracle list on my profile, let me know which deck if any you would like to use plus the question :)

looking forward to reading for you :)

Simsy

Mellaenn

Yahoo! So cool that we are partners this week - thanks for opening our thread! I did check your cards and the Crystal Deva sounded intriguing, but I would be happy with any that you choose.

I can offer the "Fairy Ring Oracle", the "Moon Oracle", or I have also been using a "Celtic Oracle".

This is a Hope Spread, and so here goes. What I really hope is that eventually I will be able to make a full-time living out of my interests in the metaphysical world. How does it look for me there?

What is your question, and which oracle do you prefer?

Simsy

ooh the celtic oracle is speaking to me... no question specificly just a general reading will do Mellaenn :)

I will do your reading ASAP :)

Simsy

Simsy

Reading for Mellaenn

Hi Mellaenn,

Your reading is below.

I am using the crystal deva deck seeing as you asked nicely :), this is the 1st deck i ever brought and also the 1st crystal specific deck i brought also so this deck has a special place in my heart, i don't take it out nearly enough to be honest. Its a nice gentle deck energy wise and its also very sensitive with its answers also

What I really hope is that eventually I will be able to make a full-time living out of my interests in the metaphysical world. How does it look for me there?

1) What you are hoping for -- Kyanite - Happiness

This card indicates to me that you seek happiness in the profession you would like to work in. Also you have a gentle nature which makes people happy and as a result you provide happiness to other people, which is what is required while doing metaphysical work. You also have a natural want to help other people with there issues and problems and are a very spiritual person. The blue in the Kyanite indicates to me a very calming influence you will be to other people, i also sense there your a healer as well...

2) Roadblocks to be overcome -- Hematite - Neutrality

This card indicates to me you have to be careful to not allow your self to take one side or another. You must have a grounded approach to things and to be careful not to get your self caught up in other peoples negativity and as a result allow it to drag you down to the point of being drained or worse.

3) Where you can find your courage - River Rock - Allowing

This card indicates to me that you have to allow yourself to look within to understand why are you getting caught up in things and try to objectively look at things and see what is going on behind it all. allow things to go there natural course, that way you are not interfering with things and are learning from things as well.

4) Advice for fighting for it - Rhodochrosite - self worth

This card indicates to me your self worth is slowly building up. the bright orange in the stone indicates you will have the passion, the drive and the understanding to get through anything that goes your way, both good and bad and come out the otherside making headway and forging ahead with what every it is your working on at the time :)

5) What awaits you if you follow through Turquoise - faith

This card indicates you will have faith, in both your ablilities as a metaphysican and as well as a human being. The blue in the stone indicates to me a calm, almost serene approach to things, while the gold indicates joy and an ablility to get the most out of people and things in general :)

OVERALL

Overall, The overwelming feeling i get from this reading is that you have the ablilities, skills and drive to succeed in this.

Just having a look at the colors of stones from the cards i drew, the energies i get off them are ones of calmness, serenity,grounding and passion,Which you have in spades.
Also i get the overwelming sense that you have been working with the metaphysical stuff for awhile and as a result you have a deep knowledge in your chosen areas of work. this will help you also

The only draw back i can see is if you take sides, remain non judgemental and objective is very important in this field of work. Stand back and take a look at both sides of the story before jumping head long into taking sides that way you can help both parties move forward.

Hope this reading makes sense to you mel and thanks for letting me read for you :)

Simsy

Mellaenn

Hi, Simsy - wow - that was fast! This was an encouraging reading. I'm also learning about crystals (I'll tell you a cool story about how crystal called to me recently later) so I used my crystal bible to look at the pictures of these crystals that you drew. Kyanite and rhodachrosite were new to me, so that was a bonus!

Simsy said:
1) What you are hoping for -- Kyanite - Happiness

This card indicates to me that you seek happiness in the profession you would like to work in. Also you have a gentle nature which makes people happy and as a result you provide happiness to other people, which is what is required while doing metaphysical work. You also have a natural want to help other people with there issues and problems and are a very spiritual person. The blue in the Kyanite indicates to me a very calming influence you will be to other people, i also sense there your a healer as well...
Yes, my primary goal for several years now has been to learn skills that will allow me to help people. Interesting that you sensed the part about being a healer - I rarely have a reading of any sort that doesn't mention that! I am getting ready to take a course in Reiki from someone whom I respect; an excellent teacher in the world of the metaphysical.

Simsy said:
2) Roadblocks to be overcome -- Hematite - Neutrality

This card indicates to me you have to be careful to not allow your self to take one side or another. You must have a grounded approach to things and to be careful not to get your self caught up in other peoples negativity and as a result allow it to drag you down to the point of being drained or worse.
Yep; this is something that I have a tendancy to do - allow emotions of others to overwhelm me. I am incredibly empathic. Because of this, I actually often throw hematite jewelry on at times just for the grounding quality!

Simsy said:
3) Where you can find your courage - River Rock - Allowing

This card indicates to me that you have to allow yourself to look within to understand why are you getting caught up in things and try to objectively look at things and see what is going on behind it all. allow things to go there natural course, that way you are not interfering with things and are learning from things as well.
I love that river rock stands for allowing; we can assume it gets worn into smooth shapes by "allowing" the passage of the water! The key phrase is "to allow things to go their natural course" - I have a hard time with that sometimes.

Simsy said:
4) Advice for fighting for it - Rhodochrosite - self worth

This card indicates to me your self worth is slowly building up. the bright orange in the stone indicates you will have the passion, the drive and the understanding to get through anything that goes your way, both good and bad and come out the otherside making headway and forging ahead with what every it is your working on at the time :)
Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I love that the rhodochrosite vibe is there to give me the energy to realize my passion.

Simsy said:
5) What awaits you if you follow through Turquoise - faith

This card indicates you will have faith, in both your ablilities as a metaphysican and as well as a human being. The blue in the stone indicates to me a calm, almost serene approach to things, while the gold indicates joy and an ablility to get the most out of people and things in general :)
I love turquoise. I have always been attracted to it even before I became aware of the metaphysical qualities of the stone. My crystal bible says it is a healing stone, which goes hand-in-glove with this reading!

Simsy said:
OVERALL

Overall, The overwelming feeling i get from this reading is that you have the ablilities, skills and drive to succeed in this.

Just having a look at the colors of stones from the cards i drew, the energies i get off them are ones of calmness, serenity,grounding and passion,Which you have in spades.
Also i get the overwelming sense that you have been working with the metaphysical stuff for awhile and as a result you have a deep knowledge in your chosen areas of work. this will help you also

The only draw back i can see is if you take sides, remain non judgemental and objective is very important in this field of work. Stand back and take a look at both sides of the story before jumping head long into taking sides that way you can help both parties move forward.
Actually, the ability to do just exactly this - look at both sides, that is- is something I get commended for often. So maybe this is actually encouraging me to continue to do that.

Simsy said:
Hope this reading makes sense to you mel and thanks for letting me read for you :)Simsy
Very good! I loved learning about the crystals and it's always a treat to get to know someone a little better. Seems like you know your crystals! They are just calling out to me lately, but I have been paying attention and have learned some very useful things.

Well, I orginally logged in to see what your question was and what oracle deck you chose - a general reading with the Celtic it is! Be back in a while! :grin:

Mellaenn

General Reading for Simsy using the "Celtic Oracle" by John Matthews. The focus is on Celtic Shamanism and spiritual journeys that we take and the sets of cards are organized into categories like The Empowerers, The Totem Beasts, The Shapers and The Worlds.

1) What you are hoping for - The Wildman... A brown, round face gazes impassively as streams of fire come out from the side. There are wings behind and the entire face is capped by an ornate decoration that represents balance. Two winged gryphons below the face each hold up a paw to one another.

This is Suibhne Geilt, who ran "mad" after witnessing a great number of his kinsmen slain, but whose proximity to the natural world then endowed him with certain visionary wisdom. This card urges the journey of getting close to nature to find inner vision. That is what you are hoping for - a chance to run like a madwoman and let the ordinary boundaries of the world slip away. You may feel an impulse to get away from it all but perhaps you are stifling it; thinking it is not necessary. But there is an actual purpose - to find the power within you.

2) Roadblocks to be overcome - The Eagle... A golden-orange eagle carries a 'bodran' (skin drum) painted with the symbol of the four directions. He represents aspiration and clearsightedness. The background is the bright yellow of the sun.

Now, how would that be a roadblock? Well, maybe, based on the impulse we see from card one, you might be a little weary of being the only one in a group who has the vision; who can see how things really should be done. That can also mean taking the responsibility to get them done and perhaps you might not want to be the only one who does so.

3) Where you can find your courage - The Green and Burning Tree... A tree stands with half its branches aflame and the other half in full green leaf. It represents balance and the ability of the shaman to be in two worlds at once. It can also represent the fiery vision of a poet that can burn but not consume.

This is where you can draw energy. That which inspires you, inspires you to a passionate, fiery enthusiasm that not only helps you get through the process but inspires others as well. At times you can seem to go and go - "take a licking and keep on ticking" to quote on old TV commercial from ages ago. Remember that you can call on this at any time.

Also, taking a closer look at this card, it is almost as if the green, leafy side is watching in surprise at the burning side. You may be surprising yourself with some little outbursts of "creativity" or even unusual (for you) behavior.

4) Advice for fighting for it - The Seeress... A female figure gazes out, surrounded by spirits and holding the spindle with which she weaves visions and with which she can perceive the patterns in the great web of creation. Well, this one's pretty easy to figure out, especially on a website of tarot readers. Use your sense - your sixth sense, that is! It continues to be the tool that has gotten you out of tight spots and into places you wanted to be all of your life.

5) What awaits you if you follow through - The Father... A huge glowing male head rises from a goblet decorated with images of the family of the gods. Strength, energy, life unbounded. He is also a bard and can charm with his poetry and music.

He represents the abilty to claim your power, to be the ruler of your realm and yet at the same time to be in touch with the muse. He seems to be a sort of "Emperor" energy - but he also is a keeper of lore and story.

Overall... I get the impression from the first card that you have been bound in a sort of agreement or situation that perhaps no longer serves you and that you long for the freedom to "run amok" and tune into higher freqeuncies - to get back to nature. What may be blocking you as that keeping things as they are pays, so why change it.

However, there seems to be a creative project afoot for you to call on the powers of the Burning Tree and the Father/Bard. Can't remember from your profile - are you a writer or poet?

Anyway, the best advice is to follow your "wildman" instincts - and your sixth sense as well. Open up to new possiblities and pour your energy into this new, creative project. This seems like a pretty balanced reading to me. Go for it! And best of luck.
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
It has been my pleasure to do this reading exchange with you. And again, I thank you for your service in the OMM!

Simsy

Mellaenn,

Thank you for your kind words

Crystals where the 1st thing intuitively i ever worked with so i have been learning new things about the them all the time, if the crystals are calling you out mellaenn its usually a sign your intuition is telling you its time to take a look.

Also a lot of my crystal readings are done intuitively, using my intuition plus looking at the color aspect of them how we feel when we see that color and what the colors mean to me its all very interesting and i enjoy that aspect of the the crystal readings i do.

So sometimes i can get a strange combination of crystals in a crystal card reading but i can usually work with my intuition to guide people in the right direction with things, sometimes its like a crystal prescription type thing but with my intuitive spin on it.

Crystals arent a one size fits all either, depending on how your feeling decides what crystals you use.

For example i usually wear amethyst when i feel i need some healing i have a pretty amethyst goddess charm which i wear, but lately i have been drawn to rose quartz which has the same healing energies but its at a much much gentler vibrational level which has worked a treat really.

Also great choice of books in the crystal bible, i use that as a reference a lot. Judy hall also did another book about crystals which should be in book stores where you are called the encyclopedia of crystals which covers all the newer crystals that where found since she published the crystal bible. its a book i will be getting I finish stuff with moving my partner back with me to australia, having those two books should be enough to get you started on the road to crystal enlightenment :)

and as the old pringles ads in australia used to go 'ONCE YOU POP YOU CANT STOP!!' you will get addicted to them no problem i know i have lol :D

Simsy

Simsy

wow Mellaenn,

thank you for the reading feedback is below

Mellaenn said:
1) What you are hoping for - The Wildman... A brown, round face gazes impassively as streams of fire come out from the side. There are wings behind and the entire face is capped by an ornate decoration that represents balance. Two winged gryphons below the face each hold up a paw to one another.

This is Suibhne Geilt, who ran "mad" after witnessing a great number of his kinsmen slain, but whose proximity to the natural world then endowed him with certain visionary wisdom. This card urges the journey of getting close to nature to find inner vision. That is what you are hoping for - a chance to run like a madwoman and let the ordinary boundaries of the world slip away. You may feel an impulse to get away from it all but perhaps you are stifling it; thinking it is not necessary. But there is an actual purpose - to find the power within you.

well funny you should mention that, as i do try and go out take the dog for a walk every day to go outside and take in the grass etc which is what i assume this means, i am trying to find my power tho to help me help myself.

2) Roadblocks to be overcome - The Eagle... A golden-orange eagle carries a 'bodran' (skin drum) painted with the symbol of the four directions. He represents aspiration and clearsightedness. The background is the bright yellow of the sun.

Now, how would that be a roadblock? Well, maybe, based on the impulse we see from card one, you might be a little weary of being the only one in a group who has the vision; who can see how things really should be done. That can also mean taking the responsibility to get them done and perhaps you might not want to be the only one who does so.

yes i am getting weary of seeing the vision of how things really should be done. a lot of it has to do with issues of giving thanks for something without having to want something in return if that makes sense

3) Where you can find your courage - The Green and Burning Tree... A tree stands with half its branches aflame and the other half in full green leaf. It represents balance and the ability of the shaman to be in two worlds at once. It can also represent the fiery vision of a poet that can burn but not consume.

This is where you can draw energy. That which inspires you, inspires you to a passionate, fiery enthusiasm that not only helps you get through the process but inspires others as well. At times you can seem to go and go - "take a licking and keep on ticking" to quote on old TV commercial from ages ago. Remember that you can call on this at any time.

Also, taking a closer look at this card, it is almost as if the green, leafy side is watching in surprise at the burning side. You may be surprising yourself with some little outbursts of "creativity" or even unusual (for you) behavior.

Yes i do a lot of slient comtemplation and creativity abounds in me... just at the wrong time sometimes Lol

4) Advice for fighting for it - The Seeress... A female figure gazes out, surrounded by spirits and holding the spindle with which she weaves visions and with which she can perceive the patterns in the great web of creation. Well, this one's pretty easy to figure out, especially on a website of tarot readers. Use your sense - your sixth sense, that is! It continues to be the tool that has gotten you out of tight spots and into places you wanted to be all of your life.

I do use my sixth sense/intution a lot.. which has helped me get out of sticky suitations and problems.

5) What awaits you if you follow through - The Father... A huge glowing male head rises from a goblet decorated with images of the family of the gods. Strength, energy, life unbounded. He is also a bard and can charm with his poetry and music.

He represents the abilty to claim your power, to be the ruler of your realm and yet at the same time to be in touch with the muse. He seems to be a sort of "Emperor" energy - but he also is a keeper of lore and story.

I am trying to claim my power and at the same time to help myself.

Overall... I get the impression from the first card that you have been bound in a sort of agreement or situation that perhaps no longer serves you and that you long for the freedom to "run amok" and tune into higher freqeuncies - to get back to nature. What may be blocking you as that keeping things as they are pays, so why change it.

yes i have been in a housing suitation that hasnt suited me so taking the dog out for a walk in the great outdoors has been vital to keeping my sanitiy ;)

However, there seems to be a creative project afoot for you to call on the powers of the Burning Tree and the Father/Bard. Can't remember from your profile - are you a writer or poet?

No acutally I'm an abstract artist. The creative project you speak of is a deck of oracle cards that i am trying to develop for myself around magical herbs and their properties (magical herbalism is another passion of mine) its been put on hold this week due to real life matters getting in the way, but now things have settled down i will get back to developing them and the guide book.

Anyway, the best advice is to follow your "wildman" instincts - and your sixth sense as well. Open up to new possiblities and pour your energy into this new, creative project. This seems like a pretty balanced reading to me. Go for it! And best of luck.

I get this impression as well, this was a very very balanced reading for me considering i can have some really bad impulsive tendencies at times ;). Having said that i will be using my sixth sense and my 'wild woman' instincts more to help me with my oracle project :)

It has been my pleasure to do this reading exchange with you. And again, I thank you for your service in the OMM!

No its i who should be thanking You mel, This reading has been brilliant... and insightful to say the least its given me food for thought :)

Simsy

Mellaenn

Ah, shucks *blushing* you're too kind!

Going back to the info you posted about crystals - it's interesting to me that you focused on my two very favorite crystals; amethyst and rose quartz. I even have a wand made from them; created by a wonderful lady I met here in south Florida who is a great reader and teacher; Garnet.

Anyway, I have been collecting more and more crystals lately and even took a class from Franniee when we went up to the Readers Studio last month about casting stones and crystals for divination - it's pretty cool!

See ya around the forums, specially the OMM! :cool: